- Slack is currently one of the most popular and the best instant messaging and collaboration software.
- If your microphone won’t work with Slack, the issue is probably caused by your settings or your drivers.
- You can update your microphone drivers manually or you can use a dedicated driver updating software.
- We covered productivity software extensively in the past, and if you want to learn more, we advise you to check out our productivity software hub.
Slack is a great tool for collaborating, but sometimes you might get a message saying that Slack couldn’t find your microphone. This can be an annoying problem, and in today’s article we’ll show you how to properly address this issue.
Not being able to use a microphone with Slack can be a big problem, and speaking of problems, here are some common issues that users reported:
- Slack call microphone not working – This issue can occur if your microphone isn’t properly configured in Windows. To fix this problem, open the Settings app and check your microphone settings.
- Please check your microphone Slack – If you have problems with Slack and microphone, the problem might be your settings in Slack. Be sure to check your audio settings in Slack and configure your microphone properly.
- Slack not picking up microphone – This issue can occur due to your audio drivers, so in order to fix the problem, be sure that you update them.
What do I do if Slack can’t find my microphone?
- Make sure that your microphone is working
- Check if your microphone is set as the default recording device
- Restart Slack
- Check if the microphone is properly configured in Slack
- Reinstall/update your audio drivers
- Reinstall Slack
- Use the built-in troubleshooter
- Install the latest updates
1. Make sure that your microphone is working
If Slack couldn’t find your microphone, perhaps the problem is the microphone. To fix this problem, it’s advised that you test your microphone in other applications.
2. Check if your microphone is set as the default recording device
- Right-click the volume icon in the bottom right corner of the Taskbar. Choose Open Sound settings from the menu.
- Go to the Input section and make sure that you have the proper device selected. If you want, you can test your microphone and check if the indicator responds.
After doing that, check if the problem is resolved.
You can also check the default recording device by doing the following:
- Right-click the volume icon and choose Sounds from the menu.
- Go to the Recording tab and look for your microphone. If your microphone isn’t set as default device, right-click it and choose Set as Default Device from the menu. Now click Apply and OK to save changes.
After setting your microphone as the default device, check if Slack can’t still recognize your microphone.
3. Restart Slack
If you’re having problems with Slack and your microphone, perhaps the issue is just a temporary glitch. Sometimes these types of problems can occur, and in order to fix them, the simplest solution is to restart your application.
Once Slack restarts, check if the problem is still there. If you’re using Slack in a browser, restart your browser and try to run Slack again. Alternatively, you can try running Slack in a different browser and check if that helps.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page.