- Stardew Valley is a simulation RPG with an open world, where you can take care of a farm, join a local community, and play with your friends. It's available on many platforms, including Steam.
- If you're having Stardew Valley lag and can't enjoy the game with your friends in multiplayer mode, use a VPN to speed up your Internet connection. Discover the fastest ones below.
- To fix any virtual private network errors, see our VPN Troubleshooting Hub.
- Visit our Gaming VPN section if you're experiencing lag and high ping in other games.
Stardew Valley is a country-life RPG with an open world and no story mode but plenty of unique content. It’s available on Windows (Steam), macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation Vita, iOS, and Android.
After inheriting your grandfather’s old farm and starting from the ground up, you can work the field using various tools, grow crops, raise animals, improve your skills, and join the local community.
The game has plenty of solo content, and you can also switch to multiplayer mode and invite up to 3 other players to help you build your farm. As such, you can join online sessions and host game servers.
Unfortunately, many players stumble upon Stardew Valley lag when trying to enjoy the game with their friends. If you’re one of them, you can easily reduce high ping and go back to a smooth gaming experience by getting equipped with a powerful VPN app.
Not only can a VPN lower your ping, but it can also protect your online privacy, defend your router from hackers, and provide anti-DDoS protection. However, not all VPNs work best with Stardew Valley, so here are the ones that interest you.
What are the best VPNs to fix Stardew Valley lag?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is your best shot to eliminate Stardew Valley lagging, thanks to its blazing-fast VPN servers and superior security features. The virtual private network solution can fix packet loss and enhance your Internet connection speed.
Made by Kape Technologies, PIA is compatible with all popular devices and allows 10 simultaneous connections. It’s the only VPN on this list that supports port forwarding. Plus, it has 24/7 live chat support.
PIA’s key features:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 47 countries
- Disable VPN encryption to enhance speed
- Static and dynamic IP addresses
- No-logging policy
- Great for Stardew Valley multiplayer lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessEasily deal with Stardew Valley lag spikes by relying on this fast and secure VPN solution.
CyberGhost VPN is a tool that deserves your attention when it comes to fixing Stardew Valley cursor lag and other latency issues. It’s owned by Kape Technologies and can be used to fix Wi-Fi packet loss.
The VPN service can minimize jitter and significantly improve your gaming experience, thanks to its extensive network of VPN servers optimized for streaming, gaming, and torrenting.
You can install it on all popular devices, even if you want to deal with Stardew Valley PS4 lag. It’s the only free VPN on this list and allows up to 7 connections at the same time.
CyberGhost VPN’s key features:
- +6,400 VPN servers in 89 countries
- Protects your DNS queries using exclusive DNS servers
- Create whitelists and blacklists in split tunneling mode
- Zero-logging policy
- Works best with Stardew Valley mouse lag
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
CyberGhost VPNIf your Stardrew Valley ping time is too high, use this reliable VPN app to reduce it easily.
If Stardew Valley keeps lagging no matter what solution you try, take BullGuard VPN for a spin. It’s a fast and secure VPN solution with stable VPN servers, which fixes network congestion and speeds up your Internet connection.
Developed by BullGuard, this VPN app has servers optimized for gaming, streaming, and P2P. It also comes with an emergency kill switch to help protect your online privacy. You can install it on most devices and use up to 6 simultaneous connections.
BullGuard VPN’s key features:
- +2,000 VPN servers in 16 countries
- Supports the OpenVPN protocol
- Great for bypassing geoblocks
- Strict no-logs policy
- Reduces Stardrew Valley multiplayer ping easily
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
BullGuard VPNPlay Stardew Valley using this VPN app to fix lag spikes and reduce latency.
To conclude, Stardew Valley is a highly entertaining game that can be best enjoyed with your friends. However, if high ping in Stardew Valley is causing hosting issues, use a VPN like Private Internet Access to lower it in no time and fix all latency-related problems.
FAQ: Learn more about Stardew Valley and lag
- How to show FPS and ping in Stardrew Valley?
If you play Stardew Valley on Steam, open the Steam menu, go to Settings > In-Game, and turn on the In-game FPS counter. You can also use tools that display your FPS.
- How to fix lag co-op in Stardew Valley?
The quickest way to fix lag co-op in Stardew Valley is by using a good VPN service like PIA.
- Can you slow time in Stardew Valley?
Yes, you can control time in Stardew Valley by using the TimeSpeed mod.