Steam does not show me in game [3 FIXES THAT REALLY WORK]
Steam is one of the biggest gaming platforms, but players reported that Steam does not show them in game. This problem is particularly annoying, especially if you want to notify your friends that you’re playing a certain game.
Here’s how one user described the issue on Steam Community forums:
Doesnt show when i play rocket league, just stays on “online” (blue colour) and when in game i cant invite or be invited by others :/
We can provide you with a few simple fixes for this issue below.
What to do if Steam isn’t showing me in game to friends?
1. Enable Steam community in the game
- Click the Settings button in the Steam window.
- Select the In Game tab > make sure to have Enable Steam Community in Game box checked.
- Restart Steam and the game you’re playing.
2. Change Privacy Settings
- Access your Steam profile > click Edit Profile.
- Go to Privacy Settings > under My Profile, find Game Details, if you have it set as Private, change it to Friends Only.
3. Enroll Steam to the Beta mode
- Open Steam window > click the Steam button > go to Settings.
- In the Account section, find Beta participation > click Change…
- Change the Beta participation to Steam Beta Update > click OK.
- Restart Steam and try again.
There you go, these are three simple fixes that you can try if Steam doesn’t show you in game, so be sure to try them all in the order in which they are presented. If you know any other working fixes, leave them in a comment in the comment section below.
- Failed to start game with shared content Steam error [PRO GUIDE]
- Here’s how to fix Steam failed to add new library error
- Steam access denied: You’ll say thank you for this guide
Have you ever had There was a problem updating your controller error while you were trying to update your Xbox One controller? If the answer […]
Microsoft is currently testing a new Windows 10 build 18362.10005 that will allow digital assistants such as Alexa to appear on the Windows 10 lock […]