- IObit Protected Folder is used to keep your PC folders locked. If you think that it's time for a change, you can uninstall it even without using a password.
- The best way to remove an application from your PC is by using a dedicated uninstaller tool.
- To get rid of the software, you’ll need to reset your password first with specialized software.
- In case you forgot your IObit Protected Folder password, it might be best to contact IObit support.
Keeping your PC folders locked from unauthorized users is important, and to do that, you need specialized software such as IObit Protected Folder.
This is a simple yet powerful software that uses a master password to protect your folders. However, forgetting the password can be a problem, and cause all sorts of issues.
In today’s guide, we’re going to show you how to uninstall IObit Protected Folder without a password, so make sure that you keep on reading.
How can I uninstall IObit Protected Folder without a password?
1. Use the Settings app
- Open the Settings app. You can do that with Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Select IObit Protected Folder and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
If this process doesn’t work, you’ll have to follow one of our other solutions to first unlock the application and then try to uninstall it by using this method.
In case you want to quickly and easily remove any software from your PC, it’s best to use dedicated uninstaller software.
These types of applications can remove any app from your PC, along with all the files and registry entries associated with it. If you need reliable and easy-to-use uninstaller software, see our recommendation below.
2. Remove your password with a specialized tool
- Open the Start menu.
- Click the Power button.
- Press and hold the Shift key and choose Restart from the menu.
- Now select Troubleshoot. Navigate to Advanced options.
- Choose Start-up Settings and click on Restart.
- Once your PC restarts, you’ll be presented with a list of options. Select Enable Safe Mode with Networking by pressing 5 or F5 on your keyboard.
- Once you enter Safe Mode, download a specialized tool.
- Run the application and follow the instructions on the screen.
This tool is designed by IObit, and it should help you reset your IObit Protected Folder password. Once the password is reset, you can set it again or you can remove the software by following the steps from the previous solution.
3. Contact IObit support
If the previous solutions didn’t work for you, it might be best to contact the IObit Support team and ask them to look into this issue.
Their team is active on IObit forums so they can surely help you with this problem. Alternatively, you can use the Contact page on their website.
As you can see, to uninstall IObit Protected Folder without a password, first you need to find a way to remove the password, and that is usually done with a specialized tool from IOBit.
Alternatively, you can always contact IObit support them and they should be able to help you with this issue.
For more information on this topic, we suggest that you check out our in-depth guide on how to remove locked files and folders.
Feel free to give us any feedback regarding the solutions mentioned above. Just as always, you can use the comments area in that regard.