Twitch.tv is one of the biggest streaming platforms on the internet. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of viewers tune in every day to watch their favorite streamers.
Many users reported encountering a frustrating issue though. Twitch error 403 is an error that does not allow its users to change their display name.
Error message Error (403): You may not change your display name, only the capitalization of it displays when this specific issue occurs.
Here’s how one Reddit user describes the issue:
I wrongly mistakenly changed my username some two months ago. After that, it said I wasn’t going to be able to change my username until 59 days. Now, when those days have passed, I’m trying to change my username to something desirable… but I’m getting the following error (which is unrelated to the original issue of waiting a certain amount of days until next possibility to change my username):
Fortunately, we have managed to come up with a simple guide to fix this issue.
How can I fix display name Twitch error 403?
Change the profile settings
- Click your Account profile icon in the top right corner.
- Open the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Profile Settings.
- Click the Edit button next to the Username box, trying to completely change your name through the Display Name box won’t work, it is only for capitalization purposes.
- Enter your new username, a green tick will confirm that your new name is available.
- Click Update.
- Enter your password to complete the verification and you’re done.
We hope that our quick guide on how to correctly change your Twitch name could be of help.
As you can see, this process is incredibly simple, and you can perform it in a matter of minutes, as long as you follow the instructions carefully. Let us know if everything went well in the comment section below.
- Twitch error while loading followed channels [EXPERT FIX]
- Fix Unable to join call Twitch error [QUICK GUIDE]
- Error fetching your channel information on Twitch [EXPERT FIX]