- It sometimes happens that users can't install Office 2016 on a Windows 10 device.
- No need to worry; we have three possible solutions that you can try.
- We have an extensive library of articles concerning Windows Installation Errors that you might find useful anytime.
- Our Microsoft Office Hub is equally consistent, so check it out to find good inspiration for the tools that you're using.
Shortly after the release of Microsoft Office 2016, users running Windows 10 reported that they were unable to install the suite.
The installation error popping up was 30015-6(-1).
In this article, we’re listing a few solutions and we hope they’ll be helpful.
How do I fix Office 2016 installation error 30015-6(-1)?
1. Consider using an alternative to MS Office
If the Microsoft Office suite won’t install, why not change the office suite to a lighter alternative, that is fully compatible with Windows 10?
Especially since there are a lot of cheaper, user-friendly, and more versatile solutions on the market.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
One of them is WPS Office. With more than 300 million monthly users, the suite’s popularity comes partially from its freemium model, as well as from the ease of use with the browser-like all-in-one mode.
The suite includes 3 main tools – WPS Writer, WPS Presentation, and WPS Spreadsheet, that are fully compatible with Microsoft’s Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, respectively; it also includes full support for PDF documents.
With one single account, you get access to the entire suite, anytime, anywhere. All your work is automatically saved in the cloud, no need to save anything locally.
As mentioned, the basic suite is free, with the possibility to upgrade to a paid plan, to have access to the full features. It’s worth a try!
WPS OfficeTry this all-in-one, customizable office suite compatible with Windows 10, Mac, Android, iOS or Linux!
2. Run the unsintall tool
If you want to keep Office 2016 you should know that Microsoft is aware of the installation problems, so they released a Fix-it tool to properly uninstall the product.
So, you should first run this tool and then install Office 2016 again.
- Download Fix-it tool from this link. Scroll down to get to the Problems while trying to install Office section.
- Follow instructions from the wizard to properly uninstall Office 2016
- After the installation is done, try to install Office 2016 again:
Some reported that this fixed the issue, but there are some users who are still facing the issue, as well. So, if you’re unable to install Office 2016 after performing this solution, try of the following step.
3. Temporarily disable antivirus and/or the firewall
Maybe your current antivirus prevents Office 2016 from installing. So, disable your antivirus and then try to install Office 2016 again.
Disable your antivirus or its features depending on each program. However, the firewall option can be easily found in the software’s interface; while disabling the program altogether implies turning off real-time protection just to fix the installation issue.
Additionally, you can try to disable Windows Firewall if it’s in use and then try again. If you’re not sure how to disable Firewall, here’s the instruction:
- Go to Search, type firewall and open Windows Firewall
- Look for Turn Windows Firewall on or off option
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall
So, did you manage to install Office 2016 yet? Or maybe the alternative we suggested? Tell us your opinion or share with us an alternative solution, if you know one.