- Updating your universal touch screen driver is ideal in order to run your PC in proper conditions.
- To get the newest driver edition, make sure to check your operating system's latest updates.
- Using some of the Windows integrated options might prove to be efficient if you want to keep your universal touch screen driver up to date on Windows 10.
- The support of specialized third-party software is one of the most popular procedures that can help you at this point.
Keeping your drivers up to date is an essential step in order to run your PC in proper conditions. Thus, for optimal work, you need to constantly get the latest versions of your computer components.
Rest assured that the universal touch screen driver is no exception to the rule, for Windows 10, 7, or even Mac devices. Quite the opposite, you might feel a huge difference if you choose to do so.
Therefore, in this article, we’ll discuss some options you should surely consider to update your universal touch screen driver.
How can I quickly update the generic touch screen driver?
1. Use Windows Update
- Open Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- From the left side, select Windows Update and then click on Check for updates, from the right side.
2. Use Device Manager
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Locate the needed touchscreen device on the list, right-click on it, then choose the Update driver option.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will automatically find a suitable driver and will try to update it.
3. Try third-party software
To quickly update the universal touch screen driver, you should definitely consider the support of dedicated software.
It is easy to use and will also provide automatic support. Thus, your components are going to be secured, without any trouble.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
4. Use the manufacturer’s website
You can also access your device manufacturer’s support website and check the listed drivers. Note that you should look for the ones compatible with the exact model of your device.
If you can’t figure out which one is good, do not hesitate to submit a ticket to the dedicated support team.
We created the above list considering a variety of forums. So, these are the best helpers to update your universal touch screen driver.
You can also check a list including the best auto detect drivers software for Windows 10 and find out which one suits you the most.
In addition, if you have any other additional questions, leave a comment in the section below.