- VRChat is a free-to-play social MMO game, where you can craft your 3D avatar, build worlds, and interact with other players on public servers.
- If you get VRChat lag, use a powerful VPN with high-speed servers to reduce high ping.
- To stay ahead of your game, do take a look at these Top-notch Gaming Apps & Tools.
- Explore our Gaming VPN Hub for more handy guides, tips, and software to deepen your gaming experience.
VRChat is a social 3D MMO game that you can play for free. It’s available only for Windows, and you can find it on Steam, Oculus, and Viveport. Although it focuses on virtual reality content, the game can also be played without VR.
In VRChat, you can build your character model, craft entire worlds from scratch, and interact with other players in chat rooms. The gameplay is quite similar to Second Life.
However, many users have VRChat lag when interacting with the environment or other players, which prevents them from fully taking advantage of the VR game. This can be the cause of several issues, such as network congestion.
There are several ways in which you can reduce VRChat high ping, like making optimizations if Steam is running slow. But it may not be enough.
To fix VRChat lag and improve your network connection speed, you can use a VPN.
The primary role of a VPN is to hide your IP address and encrypt your data traffic to enhance your online security and privacy.
But a virtual private network solution can also help you circumvent geo-blocks and speed up your Internet connection while gaming.
What are the best VPNs to fix VRChat lag?
To easily fix VRChat lagging issues stress-free, you can count on Private Internet Access (PIA). It provides you with many VPN servers optimized for gaming and can repair packet loss.
PIA is developed by Kape Technologies. It’s the only VPN on this list that supports port forwarding, which comes in handy for hosting game servers. And, if you have any trouble with PIA, you can resort to the 24/7 live chat support.
What you need to know about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 47 countries
- Private DNS servers to boost your gaming experience
- Static and dynamic IP addresses
- 10 simultaneous connections
- Works best with VRChat mirror lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessIf you're looking for a quick VRChat lag fix, PIA can help you reduce high ping fast and easy.
If you’re experiencing VRChat lagging in VR, CyberGhost VPN can be of assistance.
It’s a reliable virtual private network service owned by Kape Technologies that you can trust with high-speed servers to make your gameplay better.
What you need to know about CyberGhost VPN:
- +6,400 VPN servers in 89 countries
- Exclusive DNS servers and DNS leak protection
- Emergency kill switch to turn off your VPN
- 7 simultaneous connections
- Ideal for fixing VRChat Oculus lag
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day trial)
CyberGhost VPNIf your ping gets super high in VRChat, use this trustworthy VPN to fix it right away.
An alternative way to deal with high ping in VRChat is by using BullGuard VPN. It’s one of the fastest VPNs for Windows 10 that can fix Wi-Fi packet loss and make your Internet connection swifter.
What you need to know about BullGuard VPN:
- +2,000 VPN servers in 16 countries
- Integrated kill switch
- 6 simultaneous connections
- A great solution when you have really high ping in VRChat
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
BullGuard VPNThis VRChat VPN does a great job fixing lag and eliminating all latency issues.
To summarize, if you’re looking for a simple way to fix VRChat lag and refine your gaming experience, make sure to get equipped with a powerful virtual private network solution.
But it can be challenging to find the right VPN for VRChat. If you can’t decide, we suggest going with PIA.
FAQ: Learn more about VRChat and lag
- Why is my VRChat so laggy?
VRChat lag can be the cause of various issues, like restricted network, server-side issues, or incorrect IP configurations on Ethernet.
- How to fix VRChat lag?
If you’re wondering how to get better ping in VRChat, just download and install a VPN like PIA. You just need to connect to a VPN server that’s closer to the VRChat game server.
- Can I run VRChat without VR?
Yes, you can run VRChat without VR by launching the game in desktop mode. If you are looking for an immersive experience, however, we recommend acquiring a full-scale VR workstation.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been since revamped and updated in September 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.