- War Thunder is an MMO game that revolves around military combat, where you can take over aircraft, warships, and ground vehicles. There are multiple game modes available.
- If you have War Thunder ping spikes while trying to enjoy the game in solo or multiplayer mode, you can reduce lag and significantly enhance your gameplay with a VPN.
- Check out our War Thunder packet loss guide to see how easily you can deal with this problem.
- If you're experiencing lag and high ping in other games, see our Gaming VPN Hub.
War Thunder is an MMO game focused on military combat, which you can play in single- or multi-player mode. You can control aircraft, warships, and ground vehicles from many regions, including the USA, USSR, Germany, and Japan.
War Thunder has Arcade, Realistic and Simulator game modes, which you can play in Aviation, Ground, and Fleet. It’s rather engaging and most users prefer in multiplayer mode. You can play it on PC, PS4, Mac, Linux, and Xbox.
Unfortunately, War Thunder ping spikes might prevent you from enjoying the game, which is pretty common among players. If you’re wondering how to reduce ping in War Thunder, use a fast VPN service.
It’s a well-known fact that you can improve your ping with a VPN by connecting to the right server. But that’s not all it takes. To get started, you must get hold of a reliable VPN service that provides you with fast network connections and DDoS protection.
Which are the best VPNs to fix War Thunder ping spikes?
Private Internet Access (PIA) offers an easy solution for reducing War Thunder high ping. You can use it to fix packet loss, improve your Internet connection speed, as well as eliminate latency-related issues during gameplay.
PIA is created by Kape Technologies and supports multiple platforms, including PC, PS4, Mac, Linux, and Xbox. Furthermore, it’s one of the few VPN services that come with 24/7 live chat support.
How can PIA fix War Thunder lag spikes:
- Connect to over 3,300 servers in 47 countries
- Enable port forwarding to speed up the Internet connection
- OpenVPN manual configuration for router setup
- Works great with War Thunder lagging even when FPS is high
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessForget about War Thunder ping spikes by downloading and installing this fast and secure VPN app.
CyberGhost VPN is another solid choice to deal with high ping in War Thunder. You can use it to minimize jitter while you’re playing on PC or console, regardless of your preferred game mode.
It has an extensive network of servers worldwide, which are optimized for gaming, streaming, and torrenting.
How can CyberGhost VPN handle War Thunder lag spike issues:
- Explore more than 6,400 servers in 89 countries
- Set up split tunneling to create whitelists or blacklists
- OpenVPN manual config is available for routers
- Provides a simple workaround if War Thunder controls lag
- 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
CyberGhost VPNIn case of a War Thunder sudden high ping, use this VPN service to reduce it.
BullGuard VPN works great if you’re experiencing War Thunder mouse lag. But it can also resolve other problems related to your Internet connection, such as Wi-Fi packet loss. It’s a speedy VPN that provides anti-hacker protection.
Developed by BullGuard, this tool is compatible with a range of platforms, including PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and Xbox. Besides fixing War Thunder ping spikes, BullGuard VPN can help you circumvent geoblocks and even host game servers for friends.
How can BullGuard VPN lower War Thunder ping:
- Use over 2,000 servers in 16 countries
- Redirects all network traffic through VPN servers
- Share VPN access with all household devices
- Fixes War Thunder cursor lag without any issues
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
BullGuard VPNUse this reliable VPN service to eliminate War Thunder ping spikes fast and easy.
It can become frustrating to try and play War Thunder on your PC or console when your performance is hampered by sudden ping, especially when you’re right in the middle of battle.
However, if you download and install one of the fast VPN services above and connect to a VPN server that’s optimized for War Thunder, the odds will be in your favor.
FAQ: Learn more about War Thunder and lag spikes
- How to see ping on War Thunder?
War Thunder should reveal your current ping time on the lower-left corner of the screen. It also shows your FPS.
- Why is my ping so high in War Thunder?
If you have War Thunder high ping, this can be the result of invalid IP configuration settings, bandwidth throttling, game server issues, and so on. But you can easily fix War Thunder problems.
- How to reduce ping in War Thunder?
The easiest way to reduce ping in War Thunder is by downloading and installing a VPN like Private Internet Access. You can connect to a wide range of VPN servers, forward ports, and use private DNS to optimize your game performance.