- You can watch MSNBC online for free if you live in the United States and sign up with a verified cable provider. But it's not so easy if you're living or traveling outside of the US.
- Discover the 4 best solutions and tools to help you watch MSNBC online from anywhere in the world. Some are free while others focus on security features.
- To repair any VPN-related issues, bookmark our VPN Troubleshooting area.
- Join our Unblocking Hub to find out how to unlock geo-restrictions.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
MSNBC is a US-based cable TV channel that mostly shows political news. If you live in the United States, you don’t need help with watching MSNBC online since you can sign up for an account for free by referencing your cable provider and start watching MSNBC live streaming.
However, if you live in any other part of the world, you can’t watch MSNBC online since it’s restricted to US residents only. It only shows a free daily preview of 10 minutes. Unfortunately, this also applies to US citizens who are living or traveling abroad.
We’ve done the hard work and looked for the best ways to help you watch MSNBC online outside of the United States, no matter where you are. Here are the 4 best solutions and tools.
Use a VPN
- Download Private Internet Access (PIA).
- Install PIA on your computer.
- In the PIA main window, press VPN Server.
- Search for United States and choose the first shown city (lowest latency).
- Click the power button to connect to the US VPN server.
- If you have an account with one of these TV providers, sign in to watch MSNBC live.
- Otherwise, you can sign up for Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, AT&T TV or YouTubeTV.
Made by Kape Technologies, Private Internet Access can unlock live streaming services so that you can watch MSNBC and live TV from any part of the world. You just have to connect to a US VPN server.
PIA has an impressive network of VPN servers as well as tons of security features. It can defend your router from hackers as well as protect your DNS queries using exclusive DNS servers.
You can even disable VPN encryption if you need a speed boost, although this shouldn’t be necessary. And, if you ever stumble upon technical difficulties with this tool, you can turn to 24/7 live chat support.
More about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 48 countries
- 10 simultaneous connections
- No logs
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessWatch MSNBC from any part of the world using this fast and secure VPN for streaming.
- Download and install Mobdro on your Android*.
- Launch the app and tap the search button.
- Type MSNBC and look for this TV channel.
- Select MSNBC from the list of results.
- Start watching MSNBC live.
*To install Mobdro on Windows PC, download BlueStacks.
Mobdro is a better choice for users who are looking for a totally free solution to watch MSNBC. There are no hidden costs when using this tool, and you don’t need to spoof your IP address to connect to US.
The downside is that Mobdro isn’t built for security, so it shouldn’t be used by privacy-concerned users. For instance, it’s not available in the Play Store, so Google can’t vouch for the Mobdro APK when it comes to malware.
On top of that, you have to jump through some hoops to set up Mobdro on any device that doesn’t support Android. And you can’t get rid of the in-app ads unless you’re willing to share your device’s resources with a third party.
Use IPTV software
- Download ProgDVB and set it up on your computer.
- Fire up ProgDVB and select the FreeWorldTV tab.
- Search for MSNBC and double-click its entry.
- Start watching MSNBC live.
ProgDVB is one of the best IPTV software tools, which can be installed on Windows, Android, and iOS. You can use it to watch TV and radio channels from all over the world, without having to conceal your true location.
However, unlike a VPN, ProgDVB doesn’t support safe streaming, so you can only use it to watch TV.
Use an Internet circumvention tool
- Download Psiphon and install it on your PC.
- Launch the app and go to Settings > Psiphon Server Region.
- Select United States and click Apply Changes.
- If you have an account with any of these TV providers, log in and watch MSNBC live.
- If you don’t, you can sign up for Hulu + Live TV, SlingTV, AT&T TV or YouTubeTV.
Psiphon is a proxy tool that can hide your geographical position and connect you to US to lift geo-restrictions. It’s totally free to use and can be installed on Windows, Android, and iOS. It’s a great solution to watch MSNBC live (with or without cable).
But Psiphon and other Internet circumvention tools don’t act exactly like a VPN, in the sense that they don’t use encryption to secure your Internet connection. As such, if you’re looking for a safe streaming method to watch MSNBC, you should stick to the VPN.
Taking everything into account, these 4 solutions can help you watch MSNBC live streaming online, no matter where you are.
If you have trouble deciding what’s the right fit for you, choose a VPN like PIA if you’re looking for a safe streaming method.
Otherwise, if online privacy and security are not your top priority, go with Mobdro since you don’t have to pay for anything.
FAQ: Learn more about watching MSNBC live
- Can you watch MSNBC on YouTube TV?
Yes, YouTube TV has MSNBC. Join our YouTube TV Hub to troubleshoot any issues related to this streaming service.
- How can I watch MSNBC live without cable?
- What streaming service has MSNBC?
Hulu (with Live TV plan), YouTube TV, Sling TV, and AT&T TV have MSNBC.