- Win32k power watchdog timeout is a BSOD error, and as such, it can cause a lot of issues.
- To fix this error, we advise using specialized software that can repair BSOD errors.
- Another cause for this issue can be incompatible drivers, so be sure to check them.
- To fix Win32k power watchdog timeout on Dell Latitude, check for any hardware issues.
BSOD errors can be problematic, and many users reported Win32k power watchdog timeout on their PC. Just like any other BSOD error, this one will cause your system to crash, and you’ll lose any unsaved data.
Fixing this issue isn’t as complicated as you think, and in this guide we’ll show you how to properly fix this problem and get your PC working again.
How do I fix the Win32k power watchdog timeout error?
1. Use specialized BSOD repair software
The fastest way to fix Win32k power watchdog timeout is to use a specialized software that can fix BSOD errors automatically.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Roll back updated device drivers
- Right-click on Start and select Device Manager.
- In the Device Manager section click on the device to rollback.
- Select Properties and then the Driver tab. Click on Roll Back Driver.
- Click Yes.
- Restart computer.
After rolling back your drivers, check if the Win32k power watchdog timeout error is still there.
3. Check and remove third-party apps
- Press Windows key +R to open Run, and type in appwiz.cpl.
- Press Enter and find the program to uninstall.
- Right-click on that program and select Uninstall.
- Follow the required steps to remove that program.
Windows users have reported that certain third-party apps can cause the Win32k power watchdog timeout error. If you notice that such a program will launch this issue, then uninstall it, and then restart your computer.
In the category of software that may cause this error are the virtual image managers such as VirtualBox or Daemon Tools, for example.
The best way to remove applications is to use a dedicated uninstaller software, such as IOBit Uninstaller.
With this software, you’ll remove the application and all of the files and registry entries associated with it.
4. Disconnect any new hardware device
It is possible that your recently connected hardware can cause the error Win32k power watchdog timeout. That will occur if you have new hardware devices that were installed improperly.
This is why we recommend you disconnect any new hardware from your computer. If you don’t know which device caused this error, disconnect all external devices and peripherals, except mouse and keyboard.
Restart your computer and verify if the Power Watchdog error still appears.
5. Use the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool
- Press Windows key + R simultaneously to enter Run.
- Type in mdsched in the box and press Enter.
- Select the Restart now and check for problems (recommended) option.
This solution will restart your computer, and automatically fix any memory error. As an alternative, if the error is not solved, then you might need to change your memory modules.
Faulty RAM module is one of the common causes for Win32k power watchdog timeout and other BSOD errors, so be sure to check your memory.
6. Launch the System File Checker
- Type cmd in the Windows search box for Command Prompt.
- Press Enter, select Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator.
- Type in the following command, and press Enter:
- Verify if the error has disappeared.
This variant of the blue screen of death error will sometimes appear when your computer’s system files are corrupted. System File Checker will help you solve this issue.
This is a built-in Windows utility that scans and then fixes the corrupted system files it may detect. Use this specific solution to address those problematic files.
7. Update your BIOS firmware
- Press Windows key + R at the same time to open Run.
- Type in msinfo32 and press Enter.
- Find BIOS Version/Date and verify your firmware version.
- Go to the motherboard manufacturer’s website, to the Downloads or Support section.
- Search for your motherboard version there and download the latest BIOS version.
- Unzip and extract the BIOS file to your computer.
- Examine the content of the readme file from the BIOS folder.
- Copy the BIOS update file to an empty USB drive or on your computer.
- Restart the computer, enter BIOS and select USB or HDD.
- Start the BIOS update session.
Backup your import files to an external device before performing a BIOS update. Before using this solution, verify the version of your BIOS firmware.
The Win32k power watchdog timeout is an error that’s affecting many Windows users, but you should be able to fix with with our solutions.
Give us a comment below and let us know if they have proven useful in solving this Windows error.