Microsoft has recently released the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11082, which is also considered the first Windows 10 Redstone update. With this specific build, it seems that Microsoft is preparing the ground for the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone update.
Windows 10 Build 11082 problems
Build 11082 has been released for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, and, as always, Microsoft has listed a couple of common issues that you might encounter. Here they are:
- Languages packages and Features on Demand will fail to install on this build. We are investigating workarounds.
- When copying, deleting, or moving files there will be no progress dialog shown. The file action will complete without intervention. This can cause confusion when acting on large files or directories.
- With this build, application defaults for some applications will be reset. Music & Video will default to Windows Media Player. This can be reconfigured opening Cortana or Search and searching for “Choose default apps by file type” to open the correct settings page.
However, as it’s always the case, issues don’t stop here, as the support forums have been taken by storm by those who have installed the 11082 build for Windows 10 v1511 and they have report a bunch of more problems. Here are just some of them:
One user says that this specific update stops at a certain percentage when trying to download and install:
- i tried to install the preview build 11082 … it stops @76% forever for few hours … will not continue…what is issue? … any solution or this is a build with bugs will not install…
Another Windows 10 user says that he is having several issues on the ATI Radeon 4800 driver:
- New builds of Windows 10 install the 7/15/2015 version of the ATI Radeon 4800 driver and it does not support multiple displays. I have to keep selecting the driver that was released in January 2015 to get back multiple display support.
Somebody else complains that Windows 10 11082 is “by far the slowest of builds and it also has a problem loading flash player“. The user says that it takes over 90 seconds to load this new build and that he has various problems with the flash player.
Another user says he is getting error code 0x800b0109 when trying to download build 11082. And, of course, there are plenty of users who claim that Build 11082 fails to install, which is probably the most commonly encountered issue whenever a new Windows 10 build gets released.
One Microsoft representative has reached out with a couple of fixes regarding the “Your security settings need attention” which appears on the update screen when trying to check for the new build.
In order to fix this specific error, go ahead and follow his instructions in this support article. Moving onward, it seems that this build brings a plethora of issues affecting all sorts of functions, with one user actually complaining that since installing 11082, he can’t rip CDs anymore. Somebody else says he is having problems with the copy/move dialog box:
Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this or just me: in today’s Fast Ring build, when I go to copy or move a file or group of files, the operation appears to take place, judging by watching the destination directory, but the dialog box that shows progress doesn’t show up, and there’s no green indicator in the taskbar to tell how far along the process is.
A couple of Windows 10 users say that they are having fingerprint reader issues, as well:
In PC Build 11082 released 12/16/2015, you cannot login using the fingerprint reader on the SP4 typecover. However, the fingerprint reader will still work when verifying your identity during Windows Store or In-App purchases.
As we can see, there are quite a few errors, bugs, glitches and various other problems caused by Windows 10 Build 11082, and we will be constantly updating this article with more as this gets downloaded on more devices. Meanwhile, leave your comment below and let us know what’s your experience with the first Windows 10 Redstone update.