- Although it is an excellent OS, Windows 10 is not always easy to install. Different errors may hinder the process.
- If your PC keeps on telling you that Windows 10 couldn't be installed, here is how to fix it.
- Learn how to solve Windows 10 failed installation by looking at all our content around this specific topic.
Windows 10 is a great operating system, and it got even better after the latest updates. Unfortunately, installing Windows 10 isn’t always easy and users reported that Windows 10 couldn’t be installed on their PC.
How to fix the “Windows installation has failed” error?
Solution 1 – Run Windows Update troubleshooter
If you’re downloading the latest build of Windows 10 via Windows Update, you might encounter this error. To fix it, run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter troubleshooting. Select Troubleshooting from the menu.
- Choose View all from the menu on the left.
- Select Windows Update.
- Click Next to start the wizard.
After the wizard completes the scan and fixes the errors, you should be able to install the new build of Windows 10.
Solution 2 – Install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool
You might want to try using Media Creation Tool to download the new build. To complete this process you’ll need an empty USB flash drive. Once you download Windows 10 ISO, you can create a bootable installation media using the Windows Media Creation tool. Now you just need to start the installation from the USB flash drive.
Solution 3 – Change registry values
You might be able to fix this problem simply by changing one value in your registry. We have to mention that changing the registry can lead to certain issues if you’re not careful, so it might be a good idea to create a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong.
To edit the registry follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- Go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControl key in the left pane.
- In right pane locate PortableOperatingSystem value and double click it to open its properties.
- Change Value data from 1 to 0. Some users claim that changing the value from 0 to 1 also fixes the issue, so you might want to try that as well.
- Close Registry Editor, restart your PC and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 4 – Turn off your firewall and antivirus
If you’re getting error code 8024402C while trying to download the latest Windows 10 build, you might want to temporarily disable your antivirus and firewall.
These tools can sometimes interfere with Windows Update. In some cases, you might even have to delete your third-party antivirus and firewall. You can also use a dedicated uninstaller tool to get the job done.
We also have to mention that you’ll have to disable Windows Firewall to fix this problem, and you can do that by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter firewall. Select Windows Firewall from the list.
- Choose Turn Windows Firewall on or off from the menu.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) for both Public and Private network settings.
- Click OK to save changes.
Solution 5 – Restart Windows Update service
You might want to try restarting Windows Update service. To do that, follow these simple steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open the Power User Menu and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- When Command Prompt opens, enter the following lines:
- net stop wuauserv
- net start wuauserv
- Once both commands are successfully executed, close Command Prompt and check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 6 – Create a new administrator account and rename the Temp folder
Users claim that you can fix this issue simply by renaming the Temp folder. Before you can do that, you’ll need to create a new administrator account. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to Accounts.
- Go to Family & other users tab and click on Add someone else to this PC.
- Choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- Click on Add a user without a Microsoft account.
- Enter the username of your new administrator account and click Next.
After doing this, your new account should be added to Other users section. Keep in mind that all new accounts are created as Standard users which means that they don’t have any administrator privileges.
You can simply fix this problem by doing the following:
- In Other users section you’ll see the new account that you just created. Click on it.
- Click Change account type button.
- Change Account type from Standard to Administrator. Click OK to save changes.
After creating a new account, log out of your main account and switch to the new one. Go to C:Windows folder, locate Temp folder and rename it to Temp2.
Log out from your new account and switch back to your main one. Try to download the latest build of Windows 10 again. If everything works, you should delete the new account that you created.
Solution 7 – Check if your registry configuration is correct
If you’re trying to download the latest Windows 10 build, you need to make sure that your registry configuration is correct. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the
- Look for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir (x86) entries in the right pane. Bear in mind that you’ll have ProgramFilesDir (x86) entry only if you use 64-bit version of Windows.
- Double click ProgramFilesDir entry and change the Value data to C:Program Files. If you have ProgramFilesDir (x86) entry, be sure to set its data value to C:Program Files (x86).
- After you’re done, close Registry Editor and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 8 – Uninstall My Rapport Banking software
If you’re trying to install the latest build of Windows 10, you might encounter certain issues due to third-party software. Users reported that My Rapport Banking software can sometimes interfere with Windows 10 installation, therefore if you have this tool installed we suggest that you remove it and check if that fixes the problem.
Editor’s Note: This guide continues on the next page. For more information on how to fix additional Windows 10 install errors, do check out our dedicated troubleshooting hub.