- The Wondershare Helper Compact is part of the Wondershare Video Converter app and works in the background.
- The app, however, has reportedly caused several Windows computers to crash and reboot frequently.
- You can completely remove the app and other files by using ta specialized app removal software.
- Alternatively, restoring your PC to an earlier point using the available restore points can also help.
If you have installed the Wondershare Video Converter app, you may have noticed the Wondershare Helper Compact installed on your computer.
Being part of the converter app, the Helper Compact’s purpose is to assist you during video conversation with a pop-up notification.
However, a quick search through the internet and you would find the app is usually in the news for causing errors and issues with the Windows and Mac computers.
The app prevents the users from performing any tasks on their computer and at times may force shutdown the computer resulting in crashes.
What is the Wondershare Helper Compact app?
As discussed earlier, the Wondershare Helper Compact is part of the Wondershare Video Converter app installed during the app installation.
The app may can also come bundled with the Wondershare Recoverit program. It usually pop-ups when you try to convert videos or burn to DVDs.
Unfortunately, for most people, the Helper Compact has caused the system to crash soon after installing the app.
The app seems to exhibit similar behaviour as some malware where a hidden piece of software is installed and set to run constantly in the background.
Even after uninstalling the Wondershare Video Converter app, the Helper Compact keeps running in the background.
Should I delete Wondershare Helper Compact?
Yes. The app seems to serve no real purpose but run in the background wasting system resources and at times cause serious issues with the system, including frequent crashes.
If you are experiencing issues with the app and want to remove it from your system, here is a detailed guide on how to remove the app.
How to remove the Wondershare helper compact?
Use IObit Uninstaller
- Download IObit uninstaller to your computer. Run the installer and follow on-screen instructions to install the app.
- Once installed, launch IObit uninstaller and wait for it to load all the installed apps.
- Locate Wondershare Helper Compact and then click the Trash bin icon in the right side.
- In the confirmation screen, check the Automatically remove residual files box.
- Click the Uninstall button and follow on-screen instructions to uninstall the app.
- Once uninstalled, reboot the computer and check if the Helper Compact app is deleted.
IObit Uninstaller is a popular freemium uninstaller utility that not only helps you remove stubborn adware installers but also remove all the residual files that are usually left behind during uninstallation.
If the app is still not removed, you can uninstall it manually from the Control Panel. Here’s how to do it.
IObit UninstallerRemove any unwanted applications completely with this incredibly powerful software.
Scan using Malwarebytes to remove hidden software
- If you don’t have the antivirus installed, go to Malwarebytes download page.
- Once installed, launch the app and open the Scan tab and perform a full scan.
- After the scan is complete, remove all the files and software associated with Wondershare.
- Restart the computer and check for any improvements.
Malwarebytes is a lightweight yet powerful antivirus and anti-malware solution that helps you protect your PC from various security threats. It is also one of the least resource-hungry security solutions available for Windows computers.
MalwarebytesUse this amazing software to ensure that all the unwanted elements of a program is removed, and no malware is present.
Uninstall using Control Panel
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Locate and select Wondershare Helper Compact from the list of installed apps and click Uninstall. Confirm the action by clicking on Yes.
- Once uninstalled, you would have to remove the leftover files manually.
Remove leftover files
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the following locations one by one:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Wondershare
C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\
- Delete all the files and folders associated with Wondershare.
- Next, navigate to the following location:
- Delete the above file if present.
- Make sure not to delete any other file or folder that is not associated with Wondershare to prevent system issues.
Once the files and folder are deleted, restart your computer and check if the Wondershare Helper Compact Mac is removed.
Perform a system restore
- Press the Windows key, type restore and click on Create a Restore Point.
- In the System Properties window, click on System Restore.
- Click Next.
- Click the Show more restore points box in the bottom left corner.
- Choose the most recently created system restore that was created before installing the Wondershare app.
- Click Next, read the description and then click the Finish button.
The system restore process may take some time to restore your PC to an earlier point. After the reboot, you will see a success message. Press Windows key + I, go to Apps and check if the Wondershare Helper Compact is removed.
The Wondershare Helper Compact application causes several issues with the system, including system crashes.
Fortunately, you can remove the app using third-party app uninstallers like IObit uninstaller. Alternatively, try to remove the app manually using the steps listed in the article above.