- Unfortunately, the worker invalid Windows 10 error is caused by faulty or corrupted system drivers.
- You can easily restore all of your corrupted files and get your PC running again with special repair software.
- If you get the stop code worker invalid error, using our solution to troubleshoot your hardware will fix it in no time.
- Scanning your system files as instructed in the method below will also solve the worker_invalid error in Windows 10.
WORKER_INVALID and other Blue Screen of Death errors will restart your computer whenever they appear in order to prevent damage to your PC.
This error can be rather serious, keeping your system from properly booting and causing you to get stuck into a restart loop. Therefore it’s important that you know how to fix it on Windows 10.
How do I fix the WORKER_INVALID BSoD error?
- Use a third-party BSoD fixer
- Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
- Run the SFC scan
- Update Windows 10 and the drivers
- Run DISM
- Remove problematic applications
- Disable touchpad
- Check your hardware
1. Use a third-party BSoD fixer
One of the best known system repair tools on the market is Restoro. The software will scan and repair any damaged file it finds. If you’re experiencing OS crashes, Restoro is for you.
In addition, the program will make your computer run faster, optimizing it, and it will also protect it from harmfull software.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch Restoro
- Restoro will now compile data about your PC.
- Wait for it to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Once the scan is complete, Restoro will show you a summary of your PC’s current status.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restoro will now start downloading and replacing and faulty registries, DLLs, and any other damaged files it may have found during the scan.
- This is possible thanks to the online libraries that is uses for comparison, replacing damaged data with its perfectly functional equivalent.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
- Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
- Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
- Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.
Windows 10’s built-in troubleshooter is a tool that can resolve all sorts of issues in Windows 10, including BSOD problems. To run Windows 10’s troubleshooter, follow the aforementioned steps.
3. Run the SFC scan
- Right-click on the Start Menu button, and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Enter the following line and press Enter:
- Wait until the process is done (it may take a while).
- If the solution is found, it will automatically be applied.
- Now, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.
If the troubleshooter failed to resolve the problem, we’re going to run the SFC scan. This is a command-line tool that scans your system for potential issues
If possible, this command-line will also resolve the issues. So, it might be helpful with the WORKER_INVALID BSOD error, as well.
4. Update the Windows 10 and the drivers
In order to ensure that your PC is running without any problems, we strongly advise that you use Windows Update to download the latest updates.
Many of these updates bring new features, security improvements and various bug fixes related to both hardware and software, since BSoD errors are often caused by hardware or software issues.
It is important that you download the latest Windows updates in order to ensure that your PC is safe, stable, and error-free.
Downloading updates is quite important, but it’s also important that you download the latest drivers. Windows 10 relies heavily on drivers in order to work with your hardware.
If a certain driver is outdated or not working properly, you might experience a BSoD error such as WORKER_INVALID.
To update your drivers, you just need to visit your hardware manufacturer, locate your device and download the latest drivers for it.
Bear in mind that you might have to update drivers for all major hardware components in order to fix this error.
Few users reported that Etron USB3.0 Host Controller driver is causing this error, so if you have this device available, be sure that you update it first, and then move to other hardware components.
Update drivers automatically
Searching for drivers on your own can be time-consuming. So, we advise you to use a tool that will do this for you automatically.
Using an automatic driver updater will certainly save you from the hassle of searching for drivers manually, and it will always keep your system up to date with the latest drivers.
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch DriverFix.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- DriverFix will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
DriverFixYour Windows will stay safe from any type of errors and changes. Download and install DriverFix now!
5. Run DISM
DISM is the third troubleshooter we’re going to try, in case the previous two failed to resolve the problem.
DISM stands for Deployment Image Servicing and Management, and as its name says, it reloads the system image. So, maybe this process will resolve the BSOD issue.
We’ll walk you through both standard and the procedure that utilizes the installation media below:
- Right-click Start and open Command Prompt (Admin).
- Paste the following command and press Enter:
- Wait until the scan is finished.
- Restart your computer and try updating again.
With the Windows installation media
- Insert your Windows installation media.
- Right-click the Start menu and, from the menu, choose the Command Prompt (Admin).
- In the command line, type the following commands and press Enter after each:
- Now, type the following command and press Enter:
- Make sure to change an X value with the letter of the mounted drive with the Windows 10 installation.
- After the procedure is finished, restart your computer.
6. Remove problematic applications
Third-party applications can sometimes cause Blue Screen of Death errors to appear, and in order to fix this error, you’ll need to find and remove the problematic applications from your PC.
Users reported that Daemon Tools is causing this error, and if you’re using this tool, we strongly recommend that you remove it and install alternative software.
It’s worth mentioning that your antivirus can also cause WORKER_INVALID error to appear, therefore we strongly advise that you temporarily remove all third-party antivirus programs.
Uninstalling the antivirus might not fix the problem, so you’ll have to download a dedicated removal tool and use it to remove all files associated with your antivirus program.
If removing your antivirus program fixed this error, we advise you to reinstall it again, or you can switch to any other antivirus program.
7. Disable touchpad
- Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard to open the Power User Menu and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager opens, locate your touchpad, right-click it and choose Disable.
Your touchpad can often be the cause for this error, and in order to fix this problem you’ll have to disable your touchpad. To disable your touchpad, follow the steps above.
Note: Bear in mind that this is just a workaround, and you’ll probably have to use a USB mouse until this issue gets permanently fixed.
8. Check your hardware
These errors can be often caused by your hardware, so it’s highly recommended that you remove any recently installed hardware since it might not be compatible with your PC.
If the recently installed hardware isn’t the problem, we advise you to check your RAM for errors. RAM is the most common cause for these types of errors.
However, if your RAM is working properly, be sure to check other major hardware components such as your hard drive, motherboard, network adapter, etc.
WORKER_INVALID error can cause certain problems on your PC, but we hope that you managed to fix this error by using one of our solutions. Give us any feedback regarding the subject in the comment section below.