World of Tanks Blitz on Windows 7: Download, gameplay, and user reviews
World of Tanks Blitz went a long way from its beginnings in 2014. Back in the days, it was exclusively developed for handheld devices but the developers made it a cross-platform and bring it to Windows 10.
Now, Windows 7 version wasn’t supported until the end of 2016, but now you can play it seamlessly on the most popular Windows iteration.
A lot of folks are not aware of the aforementioned facts, so we decided to showcase this game and even tend to certain issues that occur from time to time on Windows 7.
Here’s everything you need to know about World of Tanks Blitz on Windows 7, so make sure to check it out.
Everything you need to know about World of Tanks Blitz for Windows 7
- System requirements and how to download
- Compatibility issues and how to resolve them
- Game in-detail and all about tanky tanks gameplay
- Community reviews
1. System requirements and how to download
World of Tanks Blitz is a cross-platform game that runs on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. The game isn’t demanding, so most contemporary machines can run it without a sweat — Windows 7 PCs included.
Here are the minimal requirements you’ll need to meet in order to play World of Tanks Blitz:
- OS: Windows 7, 8.0, 8.1, 10
- CPU: 2GHz
- RAM: 2GB RAM (4GB is recommended for the 64-bit version)
- Graphics: DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 256 MB RAM
- Storage: 3GB available space
Once you’re certain that you’re PC is up to the task, follow the steps below to download and install World of Tanks Blitz for Windows 7:
- Download the Steam desktop client and run it.
- Open the Steam desktop app and search for World of Tanks Blitz.
- Download and install World of Tanks Blitz.
- Run the game from the desktop shortcut or from the Steam’s library.
- Create your account and start participating in multiplayer tank battles.
2. How to resolve compatibility issues
When the title was in beta back in 2016, some players had issues with Windows 7 compatibility that should now be history, but if you bump into some issues on Windows 7 ( crashes or performance inconsistency), make sure to run the game as an administrator and update it timely.
Follow these steps to run World of Tanks Blitz with administrative permissions on Windows 7:
- Open the Steam desktop client.
- Click on the Library.
- Right-click on the World of Tanks Blitz and open Properties.
- Select the ‘Local Files‘ tab and then click on the ”Browse local files” button.
- Right-click on wotblitz.exe and open Properties.
- Select the Compatibility tab.
- Check the ”Run this program as an administrator” box and confirm changes.
Furthermore, since we’re referring to an online game, make sure to disable VPN/Proxy and, in some cases, antivirus. In addition, it’s advised to check the Windows Firewall and let the WoT Blitz communicate through it.
3. Game in-detail and all about tanky tanks gameplay
If you ever came across the standard World of Tanks game, then you’ll find Blitz to be a light port with, basically, quite a similar approach. The in-game physics are similar, the team-based pub battles are similar (7 vs 7 instead of 15 vs 15), and the advancement through a tech-tree is almost the same.
It’s a free-to-play game with in-game microtransactions like premium account, premium tanks (for faster credit-grinding and extra experience), and gold coins for certain purchases. The Wargaming took the opportunity to earn a bit more cash so the advancement through tiers, similar to some other mobile titles, might take some time. At least, if you decide to play without the investments.
Even though it was primarily oriented for handheld devices, nowadays is available for almost every given OS that’s out there. Which, in my opinion, is a bit unfair for players that play on smartphones or tablets. It’s so much easier to utilize in-game mechanics, move around, aim and fire with the keyboard and mouse.
There are 7 nations with their respective tech-trees and you can choose between 4 different tank classes.Besides the light, medium and heavy tanks, you can play with tank destroyers. The diversity of the classes makes it more interesting since you’ll need to adapt to different play styles. There are 10 tiers, with tanks dating from the World War I and leading to Cold War armored vehicles.
You might need some time to take a grip on the gameplay, but once you learn map positioning and game mechanics (‘double-bush’, ‘side scraping’ and ‘hull-down’) and upgrade system, it will get much easier.
In-game purchases can and will affect your overall success since they directly improve various important features. Some might call it a pay-to-win policy, but, in the era of the loot box in AAA titles, what else to expect from the free-to-play game?
- ALSO READ: World of Tanks comes to Project Scorpio running at native 4K
4. Community reviews
When it comes to community reviews, World of Tanks Blitz is getting mostly positive reviews. Many users deem it much better before, but since the game tracks closely its big brother, it’s not unusual for Wargaming to make dubious changes that won’t meet the expectations of the experienced player base.
The special emphasis is put on update 3.8 that changed the way the upgrade system functions. The latest updates changed a lot, but game developers are still receiving a huge backslash on Steam and the official forum, respectively. We advise you to try out the game and see for yourself. In the end, it’s free. However, if you want to be competitive and make better results, prepare to reach for your wallet.
What are your thoughts on World of Tanks Blitz? Make sure to tell us in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- 100+ Best Windows 10 Store Games to Play in 2017
- Download and play World of Tanks Blitz on Windows 10 for free
- 8 best tank games for Windows 10
The cumulative update KB4470200 for Windows 10 Fast Ring has just launched in the November Patch Tuesday roll out, and it packs two important fixes. Grab […]
We continue our Patch Tuesday series. Two more updates for you in this article – KB4467697 and KB4467703, which both are an attempt to fix an issue […]
In this article, we are going to be talking about two November 2018 Patch Tuesday updates – KB4467708 and KB4464455. Both these updates are quality improvement […]