Fix: World of Warcraft error 132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!
Error 132 (0x85100084) is one of the most dreaded errors among World of Warcraft players. When error 132 appears on the screen, one thing is clear – WoW just crashed, and you need to start looking for a fix quickly.
The good news is that there are a few quick workarounds available to fix this error message, and we’re actually going to list them in this article.
World of Warcraft error #132 (0x85100084)
Error 132 (0x85100084) affects all Windows versions, and it appears it’s prevalent for those users who recently installed the latest updates on their computers or upgraded to Windows 10. Here’s how one player describes this annoying error message:
I started having Error #132 issues, after the recent big Windows 10 update, whenever trying to launch Wow. It would return with the error, with the Wow window in the background, no graphics, but having sound playing in the background, with the error message window over the Wow window.
How to fix WoW error #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!
- Close background apps in order to eliminate software conflicts.
- Reset your UI to solve files and add-on corruption issues. You can find more information on how to reset WoW’s UI in this article.
- Run the Battle.net repair tool to repair damaged game files.
- Run ScanDisk > defragment your hard drive to repair any corrupted files. Do not defragment a Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Run a full system scan to remove any viruses or malware.
- Update your drivers to fix compatibility issues.
- If you’ve overclocked your computer, set your components to factory default speeds.
- If your computer locks up and is unresponsive, make sure it’s not overheating.
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to fix any errors in physical memory.
- If nothing works, uninstall and reinstall the game.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: World of Warcraft error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8
- Fix: Hearthstone Issues in Windows 10
- How to fix League of Legends FPS issues on Windows computers
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]