Fix: World of Warcraft error 132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!
If you’re experiencing the Fatal Exception error on WoW and your game crashes, you can find the explanation and solutions below.
Error 132 (0x85100084) is one of the most dreaded errors among World of Warcraft players. When error 132 appears on the screen, one thing is clear – WoW just crashed, and you need to start looking for a fix quickly.
The good news is that there are a few quick workarounds available to fix this error message, and we’re actually going to list them in this article.
World of Warcraft error #132 (0x85100084)
Error 132 (0x85100084) affects all Windows versions, and it appears it’s prevalent for those users who recently installed the latest updates on their computers or upgraded to Windows 10. Here’s how one player describes this annoying error message:
I started having Error #132 issues, after the recent big Windows 10 update, whenever trying to launch Wow. It would return with the error, with the Wow window in the background, no graphics, but having sound playing in the background, with the error message window over the Wow window.
How to fix WoW error #132 (0x85100084) Fatal exception!
- Close background apps in order to eliminate software conflicts.
- Reset your UI to solve files and add-on corruption issues. You can find more information on how to reset WoW’s UI in this article.
- Run the Battle.net repair tool to repair damaged game files.
- Run ScanDisk > defragment your hard drive to repair any corrupted files. Do not defragment a Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Run a full system scan to remove any viruses or malware.
- Update your drivers to fix compatibility issues.
- If you’ve overclocked your computer, set your components to factory default speeds.
- If your computer locks up and is unresponsive, make sure it’s not overheating.
- Run the Memory Diagnostic Tool to fix any errors in physical memory.
- If nothing works, uninstall and reinstall the game.
That should do it. In case you have any additional solutions or workarounds to suggest, feel free to do so in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: World of Warcraft error BLZBNTAGT00000BB8
- Fix: Hearthstone Issues in Windows 10
- How to fix League of Legends FPS issues on Windows computers
Windows Media Player allows you to add album art to your favorite tracks with a simple drag and drop function. Sometime, this function may not […]
Microsoft finally released the much-awaited Windows 10 May 2019 Update today. The update stayed in the Release Preview ring for about a month so that […]