”Write to disk: Access Denied” error with uTorrent [Fix]
Peer-to-peer file sharing is an excellent way to download any file easy and fast. And the most used peer-to-peer application in the world is uTorrent.
Now, this simplistic and lightweight program allows you to download torrents and regulate everything you need, from file priority to preferred storing place or bandwidth relocation. It’s free to use, it installs in no time, and usage is as simple as it comes. However, not in Windows 10. Microsoft suddenly decided to take some permissions from uTorrent and many users experienced the ”Write to disk: Access Denied” error.
Because of that error, some users’ downloads were stalled or interrupted. While others were unable to start the downloading session at all.
As you probably know, uTorrent automatically creates an exception for Windows Firewall, so this issue isn’t exactly related to that. Then, what causes this error? The answer is permissions. Luckily this can be resolved easily just by running the application as an administrator.
Follow the instructions below to overcome the above-mentioned error in just a few easy steps:
- Right-click the uTorrent shortcut on the desktop.
- Open Compatibility tab.
- Check the ”Run as Administrator” box.
- Confirm selection and look for changes.
If that’s not enough and the problem is persistent, you can try some alternative steps.
- Check HDD health.
- Check Firewall.
- Disable Antivirus or make an exception for uTorrent.
- Make sure that your download location is properly set.
- Delete update files. You can do so by navigating to C:Users<your username>AppDataRoaminguTorrent, and deleting updates.dat.
That should do it. If you have any questions or suggestions, well look forward to hearing from you. The comments section is just below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: System cannot find path uTorrent error on Windows 10
- uTorrent community passwords compromised
- 4 Best Torrent Apps for your Windows 8, Windows 10 Device
Cortana may not be enjoying the same sort of success as Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. As such, Microsoft has no plans to compete with Google […]
If you use a USB stick in public places or on shared workstations, it is a good idea to protect your privacy. For this purpose, […]
Microsoft aims to offer the same dark mode across the entire application ecosystem in order to achieve consistency. The update will soon be rolled out […]