Here’s how to start an Xbox Live party on Windows 10
The Xbox app for Windows 10 lets you gather and chat with friends with parties, a crucial feature for games that support cross-platform play. Parties can accommodate up to 16 people, including the host. Keep in mind, though, that only users with a current Xbox Live Gold subscription can join a party, provided they are also signed in with the Gamertag accompanying that subscription.
Here’s a brief guide to starting an Xbox party chat in Windows 10:
Starting a party
There are several ways to start a party.
Invite people from your Friends & clubs list
- From your Friends & clubs list, choose the friends you want to party with.
- Right-click a gamertag, and select Invite to Party.
- Now you can see your party in the Party tab.
Join a party that your friends are already in
- From your Friends & clubs list, select the friend you want to party with.
- On that friend’s gamercard, select Joinparty.
Start your own party and invite multiple friends
- From the Home screen, go to the Party tab in the upper-right corner.
- Click Start a Party.
- Click the add (+) button at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the Friends you want to party with (up to 15 friends).
- Click Party to send the invites.
- Click OK on the Invites Sent pop-up box.
Have you tried party chatting with people through the Xbox app? Let us know how it went!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Xbox One error “Network settings are blocking party chat”
- Xbox Live party system and game invites issues have been fixed
- Here’s how to create a Club on Xbox One and Windows 10
Apex Legends DirectX error can prevent you from starting the game, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem once and […]
A new feature to the Windows 10 Calculator app is currently under development. Recent reports suggest that Microsoft is adding a graphing mode to its […]
Folks, we’ve got some good news for you: File Explorer will soon be updated with Fluent Design elements. The new Fire Explorer should hit the […]