It is not uncommon for your Xbox to be unable to sync data. This can be outright frustrating considering that each time you have to begin right from the start.
One user had described the issue on the Xbox support forum.
Hi, for the past week, me and my brother have been trying to get on Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) on our Xbox One. Every time we load up the game, we get through to the syncing data message, and a second or two after it just says ”failed to sync user data.” I left it for like 10 minutes doing that and restarted my Xbox and that had done nothing. It was also working the day before perfectly fine.
Fortunately, we have a couple of solutions to help you resolve this.
Why my Xbox One won’t sync user data?
1. Test network connection
- Press the Xbox This will launch the guide section.
- Select Settings > All Settings > Network > Network Settings.
- In the Network Settings page, select Test network connection from the options on the left.
- This will initiate the test which will run automatically and will inform you if your internet connection has any problem.
- In case any error is reported, you can take care of those using steps mentioned herein.
2. Perform hard reset
- This can be done by pressing and holding on to the Power button for eight seconds or till the device shuts down.
- Unplug the power cord from the rear of the console. Don’t plug it back in till at least 5 mins.
- Plug the cord back in and restart the console.
You should be able to sync your game progress as before. If not, follow the below-mentioned steps.
3. Clear the local saved games
- On the console, click on System settings > System > Storage.
- In the Storage section, select Clear local saved games.
- Also, ensure you have at least 20 percent of free space on your console hard disk drive.
4. Contact the game developer
If you are facing the syncing issue with a particular game, try getting in touch with the developers and see if it has something to do at their end. See if this solves your problem.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:
- How to fix Xbox One Amazon Prime Video App error 5266
- 3 methods to fix Xbox Game DVR audio out of sync
- YouTube app won’t work on Xbox One [QUICK FIX]