A clean install of Windows is restoring your device to its initial state. But after a while, by installing and using various apps and programs your computer might get slowed down by the processes you are constantly running.
So, without re-installing Windows 10, 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 from scratch you should apply some customization and optimization operations in order to speed up your laptop, tablet or desktop.
An optimized system represents an OS that runs without lags or bugs, a firmware on which you can install new apps and run old processes without worrying that something bad might happen. Also, an optimized Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 OS will respond to your actions instantly and will provide a great user experience whether you are playing a game, watching a movie or planning your work schedule by running dedicated software.
How can you keep a Windows 10/ Windows 8 / Windows 8.1/Windows 7 system fully optimized? Well, that’s easy especially if you know the basic tricks and tips that are recommended for increasing the speeds on any Windows-based operating system.
This is exactly what we will be checking during the guidelines from below, so don’t hesitate and learn how to bum the speeds on your Windows 8 powered laptop, tablet or desktop.
How to Speed Up and Optimize Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 PCs
1. Apply General Optimization and Customization Operations
- Disable Animations, Shadows and other special effects
As we all know, the Windows 10, 8, 8.1 OS can be easily personalized by applying different animations and shadows. While these features are “good-looking” you also know that are slowing down your computer.
So, the first thing to do will be to disable the unnecessarily animations, shadows an special effects. You can do so by following the next steps:
- Go to your Home Screen and from there launch the Run sequence (press Wind + R dedicated keyboard keys).
- In the Run box type sysdm.cpl and press enter in the end.
- From System Properties main window pick the Advanced tab and from there select Settings under Performances section.
- Choose Visual Effects and from there just uncheck Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing, Fade or slide menus into view and Fade or slide ToolTips into view.
- Save your changes and close the System Properties Window.
- Disable Un-useful Startup Programs
When rebooting or when starting your Windows 10/ Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 system there are loaded several built-in software and programs, which are dubbed as Startup programs.
Some of these tools are quite important, while others are just slowing down your device. So, in order to optimize your system you should disable some Startup programs – follow the steps from below for doing the same:
- Launch Task Manager on your Windows 8, 8.1, 7 based device – use the Ctrl + Alt + Del sequence in that matter.
- Pick the Startup tab, take a look over the Startup Impact section and just disable the processes that contain the high startup impact.
- Use only one Antivirus or Antimalware Software
Protecting your data is a must when having a Windows 10, 8 based device, especially when navigating through various online sources. In that matter it is more than recommended to use an antivirus or antimalware software.
Well, make sure you are choosing a proper program that can offer full protection and also Firewall support. Moreover choose a tool that isn’t requiring too much resources or else your computer might be slowed down.
- Choose the perfect Power Plan
On any Windows 10, 8, 8.1 or Windows 7 device, you can choose from three different Power Plans. Now, these Power Plans are satisfying certain demands which mean that you can also bump the speeds by choosing the right features.
So, if you want full power you should use High Performance mode because in this mode the CPU is running with full energy.