- If you're a professional or a medical student, you will get a lot of help from human anatomy software.
- For body research, you will need a 3D tool to explain all the elements and features of the body.
- Video and audio courses are also a good addition to get information faster and assimilate it better.
Digital advances have now made it possible to study the human body in stunning 3D. And while the number of these types of applications continues to grow daily, only a few are capable of exploring the deeper layers of human anatomy. In this post, we list the best anatomy software to use for human body research.
The top 5 3D anatomy software tools
3D Human Anatomy is a learning tool that caters to the needs of both professionals and amateurs. It’s built for physicians, educators and professionals to help them to explain conditions, ailments, and injuries.
The app’s features include:
- You can rotate models to any angle and zoom in and out
- Virtual dissection: Peel layers of muscles and reveal the anatomical structures below them.
- Audio pronunciation for all anatomy terms.
- 3D location quizzes to test your knowledge
- Search the name of anatomical structure and reveal the 3D location
- Switch on/off different anatomy systems
- Both male and female reproductive systems are available
- Information from Wikipedia and Gray’s anatomy textbook
- Great for learning anatomy and physiology
- It also can be used as an anatomy guide or anatomy dictionary.
Its contents consist of:
- Skeleton (all bones in our body)
- Ligaments (shoulder and knee ligaments only)
- Muscles (145 muscles, highly detailed muscle models)
- Circulation system(arteries, veins, and heart
- Nervous system
- Respiratory system
- Reproductive system ( both male and female)
- Urinary system
- 400 3D location / position quizzes
- 3D Ear
iMuscle lets you zoom into an area on a 3D human body model and tap on a muscle to reveal specific workouts that suit your desired shape, though it sets you back $4.99. The app includes animations that provide guidance on how to perform each exercise. Its key features are:
- Rotate and zoom-in to our real 3D model with the musculature exposed to reveal superficial and many deep muscles.
- Slick new interface with easy to find workout and exercise areas featuring animated exercise icons.
- Over 650 high-quality 3D animated exercises and stretches for both gym and home users.i>
- Tap muscles to find exercises associated with that muscle.
- Search for exercises by type, area worked or equipment used.
- Add customized exercises to the app database.
- Easily create workouts with our drag & drop feature — with automatic prompts for set, rep and weight details.
- Share workouts with friends, workout partners or clients via e-mail.
- Sync workouts between multiple devices by backing up and restoring from OneDrive.
- Easily track your body measurements.
- Track statistics for entire workouts or individual exercises.
- Share your progress via e-mail, Facebook & Twitter.
- 50+ Present workouts.
- Hints and tips for every exercise.
- Add an unlimited amount of users.
Complete Anatomy is one of the most advanced anatomy learning tools in the world. It features state-of-the-art tools and 3D recordings with audio, along with moving muscles to help you study the human body in a totally new way. The tool includes more than 6,200 high-resolution anatomical structures.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
The app lets you transform 2D learning materials into 3D and view anatomical structures, including nerve paths. It also comes with tools for visualizing complex functions like nerve supply to muscles, layer guides to identify bone parts, and muscle origin. Its features include:
- 12 Complete Systems (Skeletal, Muscular, Connective Tissue, Arterial, Venous, Lymphatic, Nervous, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine, Urogenital, Integumentary, and includes Heart and Brain)
- Skeletal Full Body Layers: Featuring bone parts, bone surfaces, and muscle origin/insertion points.
- Isolate Region: Easily view selected Body Regions.
- Lectures: Learn from top anatomical experts using expertly assembled Lectures, with topics for beginners through to specialists.
- Groups (Cloud Sharing): Create your own groups and invite users to join, or access content created by our medical experts. Share with your groups, publicly or within specialized categories.
- Animate Muscles: Visualize muscle movements for each articulation directly on the 3D model – view from any angle/zoom in.
- Muscle Innervation: Visualize the nerve supply to any muscle, and follow its path back to the nerve origin.
- 3D Cut & Draw Tools: Instantly alter the model with innovative tools: Cut, Spurs, 3D & 2D Pens, Growths, Fractures, Discover and Pain.
- 3D Recordings: Record your interactions with the model, along with audio, to recap on later or share with friends.
- Screens: Browse through our tailored content or feature content you’ve created and share.
- Annotation: Do a sketch, or handwrite a note, type some text, attach an image or take a photo, then overlay on the model.
- Quizzes: Challenge yourself with our pre-set questions and quizzes, create your own to revise or challenge your friends!
- Multi-select: Select multiple structures with our Drag tool and view them in isolation.
- Explode/Assemble: Capture multiple structures and explode to better understand complex relationships.
- Tailored Content: Browse hundreds of screens, recordings, and quizzes created by leading universities, professors and experts from different therapeutic areas.
- Offline Mode: Create Screens, Recordings, and Quizzes while offline! Content will be synced to the cloud the next time your device finds the internet.
Essential Anatomy boats a 3D graphics engine developed by 3D4Medical from scratch powering a highly-detailed anatomical model and providing high-quality graphics. The app includes essential anatomy for ten systems:
- Connective Tissue
- Brain and Heart
Essential Anatomy also lets you view any anatomic structure in isolation and from any angle. It also has a way of stripping away layers of muscle and turning on and off systems without having to deselect individual structures. Its features include:
- New 3D technology via 3D4Medical’s latest graphics engine
- Over 4,000 highly detailed anatomical structures
- Multiple Selection Mode – Hide/Fade/Isolate individual or multiple structures
- Preset and customizable Bookmarks
- Correct audio pronunciation for every structure
- Latin nomenclature for each anatomical structure
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Multiple search options
- Dynamic quiz function – Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
- Custom search modes
- Extensive social media tools and sharing capability
The free version of Anomalous Medical’s 3D Anatomy Software helps you explore the human anatomy. But if you want to explore even more by breaking apart each system into its individual parts, you can purchase the premium version. The app lets you create animations by combining your materials and expertise with interactive 3D anatomy using the Authoring Tools.
If you think we’ve missed other great anatomy software to use, let us know in the comments below.