Digital advances have now made it possible to study the human body in stunning 3D. And while the number of these types of applications continues to grow daily, only a few are capable of exploring the deeper layers of human anatomy. In this post, we list the best anatomy software to use for human body research.
The top 5 3D anatomy software tools
1. Complete Anatomy
Complete Anatomy is one of the most advanced anatomy learning tools in the world. It features state-of-the-art tools and 3D recordings with audio, along with moving muscles to help you study the human body in a totally new way. The tool includes more than 6,200 high-resolution anatomical structures.
The app lets you transform 2D learning materials into 3D and view anatomical structures, including nerve paths. It also comes with tools for visualizing complex functions like nerve supply to muscles, layer guides to identify bone parts, and muscle origin. Its features include:
- 12 Complete Systems (Skeletal, Muscular, Connective Tissue, Arterial, Venous, Lymphatic, Nervous, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine, Urogenital, Integumentary, and includes Heart and Brain)
- Skeletal Full Body Layers: Featuring bone parts, bone surfaces, and muscle origin/insertion points.
- Isolate Region: Easily view selected Body Regions.
- Lectures: Learn from top anatomical experts using expertly assembled Lectures, with topics for beginners through to specialists.
- Groups (Cloud Sharing): Create your own groups and invite users to join, or access content created by our medical experts. Share with your groups, publicly or within specialized categories.
- Animate Muscles: Visualize muscle movements for each articulation directly on the 3D model – view from any angle/zoom in.
- Muscle Innervation: Visualize the nerve supply to any muscle, and follow its path back to the nerve origin.
- 3D Cut & Draw Tools: Instantly alter the model with innovative tools: Cut, Spurs, 3D & 2D Pens, Growths, Fractures, Discover and Pain.
- 3D Recordings: Record your interactions with the model, along with audio, to recap on later or share with friends.
- Screens: Browse through our tailored content or feature content you’ve created and share.
- Annotation: Do a sketch, or handwrite a note, type some text, attach an image or take a photo, then overlay on the model.
- Quizzes: Challenge yourself with our pre-set questions and quizzes, create your own to revise or challenge your friends!
- Multi-select: Select multiple structures with our Drag tool and view them in isolation.
- Explode/Assemble: Capture multiple structures and explode to better understand complex relationships.
- Tailored Content: Browse hundreds of screens, recordings, and quizzes created by leading universities, professors and experts from different therapeutic areas.
- Offline Mode: Create Screens, Recordings, and Quizzes while offline! Content will be synced to the cloud the next time your device finds the internet.
2. Essential Anatomy
Essential Anatomy boats a 3D graphics engine developed by 3D4Medical from scratch powering a highly-detailed anatomical model and providing high-quality graphics. The app includes essential anatomy for ten systems:
- Connective Tissue
- Brain and Heart
Essential Anatomy also lets you view any anatomic structure in isolation and from any angle. It also has a way of stripping away layers of muscle and turning on and off systems without having to deselect individual structures. Its features include:
- New 3D technology via 3D4Medical’s latest graphics engine
- Over 4,000 highly detailed anatomical structures
- Multiple Selection Mode – Hide/Fade/Isolate individual or multiple structures
- Preset and customizable Bookmarks
- Correct audio pronunciation for every structure
- Latin nomenclature for each anatomical structure
- User-friendly and intuitive interface
- Multiple search options
- Dynamic quiz function – Drag and Drop and Multi-choice
- Custom search modes
- Extensive social media tools and sharing capability
3. 3D Anatomy Software
The free version of Anomalous Medical’s 3D Anatomy Software helps you explore human anatomy. But if you want to explore even more by breaking apart each system into its individual parts, you can purchase the premium version. The app lets you create animations by combining your materials and expertise with interactive 3D anatomy using the Authoring Tools.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. If you’re interested in other education tools, check out our wide collection of guides.