5 best anti data mining software to protect you from hackers
Today, we are going to show you some of the best anti data mining software that you can install on your Windows computer. According to Wikipedia, data mining is a process which involves discerning patterns to acquire information concerning a data set. For instance, data mining involves the prediction of a computer user’s internet activity to obtain the behavioral characteristics.
In addition, some hackers, spammers, and even scammers utilize data mining tools for negative purposes. There are several reports relating to online identity theft, impersonation, and several online fraud cases.
Meanwhile, hackers use several data mining tools and techniques to steal users’ personal information, discover their identity, and exploit users’ data. Some of the tools and techniques are listed below:
- Keyloggers – software that tracks the key sequence and strokes on your keyboard. Fortunately, you can install an anti keylogger software to block this type of tools.
- Malware – short for malicious software which refers to various forms of hostile or intrusive software.
- Phishing – the attempt to acquire sensitive information by disguising as a valid entity on the web.
- SMShing – this technique involves using mobile phone text messages, to lure users into downloading content online, or to visit a phishing website.
- Virus – malicious codes that delete or corrupt files, and also interfere with normal computer operations
- Session hijacking – the unauthorized usage of identification credentials within a web browser to hijack the valid web session. Also known as cookie theft.
The Windows Report team has compiled the best tools for you to protect your computer again data mining and its minions. These tools give you maximum protection is securing your personal information and identity.
Bitdefender, as its name implies, defends every bit of information on your PC. If you want protection against any tools utilized by data hijackers, then you should consider this software which has one of the largest security infrastructures worldwide.
This anti data mining software offers 3P i.e. protect performance, and privacy. Also, in February 2018, it was ranked as product of the year according to AV-Comparatives.
Here’s what to expect from Bitdefender:
- It comes with protection tools such as antiphishing, antivirus, anti-fraud, and anti-theft
- It also has webcam protection to prevent snooping
- Multiple layer ransomware protection
- It comes with Bitdefender VPN for anonymous online identity
- Social network protection
- Password manager
In addition, other tools include file shredder, game, movie and work modes, secure browsing, battery mode, rescue mode, parental control, and many more. Meanwhile, it is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1, and most especially Microsoft Windows 10.
This antivirus program is renowned for its gold “Malware Protection Award” from AV-Comparatives in 2017. BullGuard is not only an antivirus software but it also doubles as anti-data mining software. Meanwhile, BullGuard Premium Protection version gives you all-round protection against data miners and hijackers.
Here are some features of BullGuard Premium Protection:
- Antimalware, antispyware, antivirus, and anti-theft for multiple layers of protection
- Game booster to optimize CPU performance
- Vulnerability scanner to block hackers from accessing your system
- Anti-ransomware and antiphishing to prevent data hijacking
- Identity protection
In addition, this software comes with other tools such as parental control, firewall, cloud integrated backup, home network scanner, PC tune utility, and many more. It is also available on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. At a premium cost of $84.96, you can get this anti data mining software.
- Download now Bullguard (60% discount)
Just as its name implies, Malwarebytes protects your computers from malware. Effective as an anti-data mining software, your data is shielded with this multipurpose cybersecurity tool.
Here are some features of Malwarebytes:
- Real-time protection against viruses, malwares, adwares, and spyware
- Excellent antiphishing protection against malicious websites
- Anti-exploit tool to prevent system vulnerability exploit attacks.
- Anti-ransomware protection
- Anti-rootkit tool for removing rootkits and repairing damaged files
Also, this anti-data mining software is compatible with Windows XP up to Windows 10. However, the anti-ransomware protection is only available on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. It is available at a premium price of $39.99 for 12 months.
This tool consistently monitors all the vulnerable areas on your Windows PC; this ensures that your personal date is protected from wicked data mining software. Also, this Windows OS friendly software ensures you don’t lose your private data such as credit card data, chat messages, and passwords.
Here’s what you should expect from SpyShelter Free:
- Strong behavior-based real time protection against steal your private data like passwords, chat messages or credit card data.
- Efficient detection and neutralization of advanced zero-day malware
- Encryption of keys of all applications on kernel level.
- Microphone and webcam protection
- Low system resources usage for increased performance
Also, this anti-data mining software has other features such as:
- Alerts and Rules
- Clipboard Protection
- Screen capture Protection
- Sound logger Protection
- Restricted Applications
- Two way Firewall
So, you can combine this software with your antivirus program; this is because, SpyShelter is compatible with most antivirus programs and other security programs on your system. Also, it is compatible with Windows OS (from Windows XP to Windows 10).
This software is efficient in neutralizing remote-controlled malwares used for data mining. Also, Dr.Web is linked to cloud facility which acquires information about data mining espionage and blocks it promptly.
Here’s what to expect from Dr.Web KATANA:
- Real-time protection against viruses and malwares
- Efficient detection and neutralization of all types of threats including unauthorized network access
- Comprehensive protection against data leaks
- Web browser protection against cookie hijackings
- Web CureIt for curing Windows PCs and servers
- Web Live Disk for PC recovery
- Web Link Checker for browser plugins
Also, you can use this tool on your Windows PC for $29.48.
Download Dr. Web
Recommend tools for additional security against data mining
In addition to the best anti-data mining software we mentioned above, we do recommend the following tools for additional security.
Secure web browser
Secure web browser is a category of web browser that provides data confidentiality online. This means that, all your browsing information is spoofed; hence, your browsing date cannot be accessed for data mining.
However, this is also possible on normal web browsers, where you just have to press the “CTRL-Shift-Delete” keys. But, a more secure web browser is advisable in case you forget the keys.
So, if you want a secure web browser for your Windows PC, you can try out the following:
- Tor Browser
- Epic Privacy Browser
- SRWare Iron Browser
- Comodo IceDragon Browser
- Yandex Browser
- Pale moon
— READ ALSO: 5 best password sync software to try in 2018
VPN stands for virtual private network which is private network that extends across public networks most especially the internet. In addition, they enable secure access, anonymous identity, and virtual privacy on the internet; hence, your personal data and location is spoofed making it ideal to escape data mining agents.
Also, VPN protects your online privacy, gives you better internet connectivity, and access to limited resources.
CyberGhost keeps your personal data safe from ISPs, the government. In addition, you get features like DNS and IP leak protection, strict no logs policy alongside with 256-bit AES encryption for maximum security.
If you want access to over 2200 servers’ worldwide, unlimited bandwidth and traffic, at the highest possible speed; CyberGhost is the ideal tool for this purpose.
- Download now Cyber Ghost VPN (currently 77% off)
Some of our best recommended VPN providers include the likes of NordVPN, Hotspot Shield, and ExpressVPN.
Password Manager Software
Password manager is a software application that stores and manages your passwords. This provides enhanced security for recollecting passwords for various online accounts instead of saving the passwords on your web browser.
Tips for preventing data mining
- Create a guest account for “guests” to use your device so as to keep your sensitive data safe.
- Avoid using public internet connection such as Wi-Fi hotspots or public computers to enter your online accounts credentials.
- Beware of clicking download links you are not sure of when checking your emails.
- Keep your antivirus or security program constantly updated.
- Use secure devices for internet banking.
- Shun using “remember password” option or auto-complete feature on your web browser.
- Ensure your browser is completely closed after you are done surfing the web.
- Update your Windows OS, web browsers, drivers, and other software applications regularly. You may consider using TweakBit driver update as well.
Conclusively, we do hope that you find our list of best anti-data mining software useful in preventing data leaks and cyber espionage on your system.
Have you used any of the tools we mentioned above? Feel free to share your experience with us by commenting below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Block data mining software with these tools
With the fresh new Windows 10 May update came along a lot of new features. But it seems like Microsoft forgot to remove some old […]
Realtek High Definition Audio Manager is an essential component of the audio system of any standard PC, which has Realtek drivers installed. However, due to factors […]
The server responded: 421 cannot connect to SMTP server error is basically associated with Microsoft Outlook accounts, and it is commonly encountered while trying to […]