- BSOD errors can be a big problem, and today’s guide will show you how to fix apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe error.
- Using a specialized software to repair your PC is in most cases the best way to fix this issue.
- Outdated graphics card drivers can cause this problem, so be sure to keep them up to date.
- If you’re having apc_index_mismatch Windows 10 error on Dell computer, be sure to check your audio drivers.
Blue Screen of Death errors such as apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe can cause a lot of problems on your PC including crashes and data loss.
In today’s guide we’re going to investigate this error and show you a couple of easy methods that you can use to fix it, so let’s get started.
How can I fix apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe error?
1. Use a specialized repair software
If you’re having issues with apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe BSOD error, the simplest way to deal with it is to use dedicated repair software.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Reinstall your graphics card drive
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your graphics card driver on the light, right-click it and choose Uninstall driver.
- If available, check the Remove driver software for this device and click on Uninstall.
- Once the driver is removed, update the driver to the latest version.
Keep in mind that audio drivers can cause this problem as well, and users had issues with Dell drivers, but after switching to Realtek HD Audio Driver the problem was resolved.
Apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe error is often caused by your graphics card drivers, and to update them quickly, it’s advised to use DriverFix software.
3. Remove problematic software
- Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app, and go to the Apps section.
- Look for Star8 software, select it and click on Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to remove it.
Keep in mind that other applications can cause this error to appear, especially the ones that modify Windows shell, so if you have any applications that change the way Windows looks, be sure to remove them.
4. Check your BIOS settings
- Access BIOS on your PC. If you don’t know how to do that, check our how to access BIOS guide.
- Now look for the Gaming Boost setting and enable it.
- Optional: If you don’t have this setting, try slightly increasing the speed and voltage of your memory.
Sometimes your BIOS settings can cause apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe error, but after following these steps, the issue should be gone.
5. Check your hardware
In some instances, your hardware can cause this BSOD error to appear. If that’s the case, you might want to remove any recently installed hardware or check if all hardware is working properly.
Users reported that their CPU or PCI-E wireless adapter caused this issue, so be sure to check them first.
Fixing apc_index_mismatch ntoskrnl.exe doesn’t have to be a hassle, and in most cases, you can fix the problem by reinstalling or updating your drivers.
Did ever encounter this error on your PC? Share your solutions with us in the comments section below.