- When it comes to sound drivers, ASUS Realtek HD Audio Driver is the most common choice, thus we will show you today how to download and install it.
- To download it, you have to simply uninstall your current audio driver then head to Realtek's official website.
- Once you are done uninstalling your audio driver, you will have to restart your computer.
For changing and modifying audio settings on your computer, ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager is one of the most popular pieces of software you can get your hands on.
By utilizing the app, you may configure multi-streaming playback, which allows you to simultaneously stream numerous audios to a variety of different output devices. Realtek HD Audio Manager is a powerful tool that you can install on your Windows PC.
The software includes a variety of features such as a mixer, equalizer, echo cancellation, noise suppression, and several pre-defined sound profiles, all of which can be used to improve the audio on your computer.
This is why today we will show you how you can as well download and install it on your Windows 11 computer and transform you into an audiophile right after we see in mode detail what the manager can do. Follow along!
What does ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager do?
When it comes to sound drivers for Windows systems, Realtek High Definition Audio Driver is the most common choice.
It allows you to control surround sound, Dolby, and DTS sound systems on your computer. Because you require this driver in order for your audio device to function on the computer, removing it might result in major audio issues.
Downloading the app will allow you to further customize your audio experience, but it is not required to just connect to new speakers or use the sounds provided by your computer system.
Realtek HD Audio Manager serves as a control panel for the audio adapters on your computer. It will automatically identify and allow you to configure new microphones, speakers, headphones, and other devices as they are added to your computer via the manager itself.
In most cases, the software is installed alongside the Realtek HD audio driver while using Windows 11. Normally, the driver is installed automatically by the operating system, and the audio manager can be found in the Control Panel.
However, if you are unable to locate it, you may simply follow the instructions below to download and install it on your PC right away.
Many customers have questioned whether or not it is necessary to install the manager when they are experiencing no audio problems. The answer is no, the driver is not required for proper operation of your PC’s audio system.
Should you, on the other hand, continue to use it? Yes, you should. It instantly recognizes any new devices connected to your PC, such as speakers, headphones, and microphones, and allows you to configure them at the time of connection.
How can I download ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 11?
Download it from Realtek’s website
- Right-click on the Start icon then click on Device Manager to open it.
- Now expand the Sound, video and game controllers section and right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio, and then click on Uninstall device. You will be asked to confirm the uninstall. Here, check the Delete the driver software for this device check box, and continue.
- Restart your PC after the driver has been uninstalled.
- After uninstalling the audio driver, you will have to download the Realtek HD Audio Manager on your PC. You can download it from Realtek’s official website. Make sure to choose the right Windows version.
- Double-click on the setup file, and install it like you install other programs on your PC. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
- And that’s it! Once you have completed the installation process you can access it by typing Realtek HD Audio Manager in the search bar that you can open by pressing on Windows + S.
Although Windows is normally responsible for driver updates, you can manually check for updates if you experience a problem. For automatic scans of outdated drivers, we strongly recommend a dedicated tool such as DriverFix.
Why is my audio output not working?
First and foremost, you should take care of the most obvious problem. If there is no sound coming from your computer, double-check to be sure you haven’t silenced the audio.
The master volume should not be muted or set to an excessively low level, so look for the Volume icon in the bottom-right corner of your computer and confirm that it is not there.
To check the current volume level for all apps that are now playing audio, right-click on the same icon and select Open Volume mixer from the context menu. Increase the volume of these as needed, making sure they aren’t muted by accident.
Be careful to check the volume of any running applications, games, video players, or other similar programs. When you play a muted YouTube video, even if you have the master and browser volume settings turned up, there will be no sound.
Close any audio-heavy applications that you aren’t now using, as a related point. Some apps have the ability to seize control of your audio device, which means you will not be able to hear anything from other devices.
For example, while wearing Bluetooth headphones, being involved in a Discord call may block you from hearing audio from other apps on your device. It’s also a good idea to restart your computer at this point before carrying on with the process.
It’s possible that your sound problem is just temporary, and that it’s caused by an upcoming upgrade that has locked audio output.
To see more solutions for your audio problems check out our article on how to fix Realtek HD Audio Driver issues on Windows 11.
Alternatively, we got another guide for you to read it when you have no sound in Windows 11 and can’t seem to find the cause to it.
Furthermore, you will definitely want to find out how to reinstall the audio driver in the case that you need to make a fresh new installation.
Was this guide helpful for you? Let us know in the comments section below how we can improve.