Getting Avipbb.sys error on your PC? Fix it with these solutions
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error.
Having this avipbb.sys error connotes that something is wrong with your computer and needs urgent attention. If the avipbb.sys error is not fixed on-time it might lead to another serious issue that might disrupt your computer from functioning properly. Nevertheless, here are some easy steps that you can follow to get the avipbb.sys error out of your way.
How can I fix Avipbb.sys error on Windows 10?
- Restart your computer
- Fix corrupt registry
- Make a deep virus scan
- Try to reinstall newly installed and uninstalled programs
- Update your computer drivers to the latest
- Run System File Checker
- Use System Restore
- Install Windows updates
- Scan the hard disk for errors
1. Restart your computer
Though this solution seems just too easy, the fact is many computer issues have been solved just by restarting your PC. If this works fine for you, there’s no need to try any other complex solutions
2. Fix corrupt registry
If the registry entries connected to the avipbb.sys are corrupt, then you will get avipbb.sys error. Registry errors are mostly caused by malware attacks, improper installation, and uninstallation. Consistent registry maintenance is needed to keep your computer fast and error-free.
If you want to edit your registry by yourself, you would need to follow the following steps. But make sure you create a total backup of the registry before repairing it.
- Open the Registry Editor by pressing on to Windows key + R key on the keyboard as seen in the picture.
- Type regedit in the box and hit on OK button.
- Right-click on the Computer and hit on Export in the displayed box.
- Create a file name and the location for a backup file and click on save
Note that manually editing your registry is at your own risk, so you might consider a professional’s help.
3. Make a deep virus scan
Note that some malware like spyware, Trojan horses and viruses can encroach into your system even when you have anti-virus on your computer. Some malware can even try modifying the avipbb.sys and other files. To fix that, follow these these steps:
- Get into Safe Mode with Networking.
- Erase Temporary Files.
- Use Windows key + R shortcut to open the Run window. Type cleanmgr and hit OK.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- Select Temporary Files and the ones you want to erase, then hit OK to delete them permanently.
- Perform an antivirus scan. If your current antivirus didn’t detect the malware, try different antivirus tool such as Bitdefender for example.
- After scanning, remove the malware and restart the computer.
4. Try to reinstall newly installed and uninstalled programs
If a certain application isn’t installed properly that can lead to avipbb.sys error. If you are experiencing an avipbb.sys error after installing or uninstalling a program, try to reinstall the program again by following these steps:
- Shut down the program that uses the avipbb.sys file.
- Open Program and Features by right-clicking on the Start Button.
- Select the program that is using the avipbb.sys file in the list. Click the Uninstall option at the top to remove it.
- An uninstall window will show up. Follow the instruction to uninstall the program. If you are experiencing any issues, try consulting a professional.
5. Update your computer drivers to the latest
The avipbb.sys error can also be caused by outdated or faulty drivers. To fix the issue, make sure that your computer drivers are up-to-date. There are several methods you can use to fix this problem, but the fastest and the simplest way to update your drivers is to use third-party tool such as TweakBit Driver Updater.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool might not be free
6. Run System File Checker
The System File Checker, also called the sfc/scannow is an essential Windows service that can be used to scan system files and repair them. The sfc/scannow is able to replace these system files with new ones when they are damaged or altered. Therefore, running a System File Checker is recommended for avipbb.sys error.
- In the start search box type cmd. A small window will appear, right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Now in the Command Prompt window type sfc/scannow and press the Enter key.
- The System File Checker will perform a scan and replace any corrupted files.
7. Use System Restore
The main purpose of this is to roll back your system files and programs to the previous state when it was working perfectly. When troubleshooting avipbb.sys error, this might be very helpful because it will roll back system files, installed programs, registry entries, and many other files. To perform System Restore follow these steps:
- In search box type system restore and select Create a restore point.
- Click the System Restore button.
- Click Next.
- As soon as the Wizard window appears, select a restore point.
Note: Click on Scan for affected programs, only if you are not sure which programs are affected. Then click on Next, follow the instruction and wait until the restore is completed.
8. Install Windows updates
Did you know that Microsoft often releases updates and security patches for their software? Sometimes installing windows updates can be a good solution to avipbb.sys error.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Update & Security section and click Check for updates button.
Wait while Windows downloads the latest updates.
9. Scan the hard disk for errors
Hardware failures and software problems can lead to avipbb.sys blue screen error. This is why it is important to often check the hardware. Disconnect newly added hardware devices such as printers, RAM sticks etc. If the avipbb.sys error is resolved, then it’s certain that disconnected hardware was the problem. If these errors still remain, check the hard disk for errors. Follow these steps to check for hard disk errors.
- Press down the Windows key + E button at the same time.
- Right-click the Local Disk C and select Properties.
- Click on Tools and hit on the Check button.
- Click On Scan drive to continue the process.
- If an error is found, perhaps you might have to replace your hard drive.
If our solutions helped you fix avipbb.sys error, let us know in the comment section below.
- How to change the pagefile.sys file in Windows 10
- How to fix aoddriver2.sys BSOD errors in Windows
- Jraid.sys: What it is, frequent errors and how to fix them
A support article recently published by Microsoft says that Windows 10 May 2019 Update may fail to download and install on certain devices. More specifically, […]
Google Chrome is a browser renowned for its speed and reliability. So, it’s a little surprising that some users have stated on forums that Chrome […]
Many EA fans reported There was a problem connecting to EA servers while trying to run certain games. Luckily, most of the time it’s not […]