- BlueStacks failed to install on Windows 10? Don’t worry, you can fix this issue easily with our solutions.
- Before we start fixing the problem, be sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date.
- Corrupted BlueStacks installation can cause this problem as well, so be sure to completely remove any previous BlueStacks installations.
- In case the problem is still there, you can always try using a different Android emulator software.
While some users report that Bluestacks is stuck on initializing, some are complaining that Bluestacks failed to install on their PC.
What to do if Bluestacks failed to install?
Table of contents:
- Blustacks failed to install
- Delete all Bluestacks entries from registry
- Try a different emulator
- Check if your PC meets the hardware requirements
- Run the setup in Compatibility mode
- Update your graphic card drivers
- Try restarting your Internet connection
- Make sure that you have .NET Framework installed
- Install the necessary certificates
- Be sure not to rename the setup file
- Fix – Bluestacks failed to install apk
Fix – Blustacks failed to install
1. Delete all Bluestacks entries from registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, go to Edit and select Find from the menu.
- Enter Bluestacks and click Find Next button.
- Delete all keys or registry values that are associated with Bluestacks. Press F3 to find the next instance of Bluestacks and delete it. Repeat this step until Bluestacks is completely removed from the registry.
- After you remove all Bluestacks entries, close Registry Editor and try to reinstall Bluestacks again.
Once again we have to warn you that deleting values from the registry can be potentially dangerous, therefore use extra caution and be sure to export your registry so that you have a backup available.
Some users are advising just to remove BlueStacks key from the registry in order to fix this problem. Before you start, be sure that you uninstall Bluestacks. If you’re asked to keep the app data, choose No.
After the Bluestacks is removed, open Registry Editor and go to the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBlueStacks key in the left pane. Right-click the BlueStacks key and choose Delete from the menu.
After deleting the BlueStacks key try to install the application again.
Altering your registry can be potentially dangerous, therefore we advise you to create a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong.
2. Try a different emulator
If you’re having issues installing BlueStacks, perhaps a different Android emulator might be a good choice. LDPlayer is a great alternative to BlueStacks since it’s completely optimized for gaming.
With this emulator, you can enjoy in Android games with your keyboard and mouse. The software supports multitasking, so you can have multiple games open at the same time.
There’s also multi-instance sync, allowing you to control multiple games simultaneously. Of course, the software offers a great FPS and lag-free experience, so you can enjoy in gaming without stuttering.
LDPlayer is a great Android emulator, and if you’re having issues with BlueStacks, be sure to try it out.
Other great features:
- Simple to use
- Support for keyboard and mouse
- A wide array of supported games and apps
- Support for macros
- Multitasking support
3. Check if your PC meets the hardware requirements
Bluestacks is a demanding application, and if your PC doesn’t meet the hardware requirements you might have problems installing Bluestacks.
To fix this problem, be sure to check if your PC meets the app’s requirements.
If you meet the requirements, be sure to download Bluestacks from the official website.
Sometimes problems can occur if you download this application from a third-party website, therefore we advise you to download Bluestacks only from the official website.
Lastly, make sure that you don’t have any older version of Bluestacks installed on your PC. If you want to install a newer version, please remove all previous Bluestacks installations and reinstall the app.
4. Run the setup in Compatibility mode
- Right-click Bluestacks setup file and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select a previous version of Windows from the menu.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Try to install Bluestacks again.
5. Update your graphic card drivers
Users reported that Bluestacks installation problems can occur if your graphics card drivers are out of date, therefore it’s highly recommended that you update them.
To update your drivers, simply visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your device. Alternatively, you can use driver updater software.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
6. Try restarting your Internet connection
According to a few users, you can fix the installation problems by restarting your Internet connection. To do that, simply turn off your router, wait for a few seconds and turn it back on.
Alternatively, you can just unplug your Ethernet cable and connect it again, or temporarily disable your Internet connection.
7. Make sure that you have .NET Framework installed
After installing the necessary components, the Bluestacks software should install without any problems.
8. Install the necessary certificates
- Right click the Bluestacks setup file and choose Properties. Go to the Digital Signature tab.
- Select the available signature and click the Details button.
- Digital Signature Details window will open. Click the View Certificate button.
- Click the Install Certificate button.
- Select Current User and click Next.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
- After the certificate is installed, try to install Bluestacks again.
9. Be sure not to rename the setup file
Few users reported that they changed the name of the Bluestacks setup file, and apparently this caused installation to fail. Therefore be sure not to change the name of the setup file while downloading it.
If you changed the file name, you can simply rename it back to the original name and the setup should work without any problems.
Fix – Bluestacks failed to install apk
1. Install this quick fix from Bluestacks
Users reported this problem while installing Showbox app on Bluestacks, and if you have this problem, you need to download PackageFileInvalidIssueResolver.apk.
After downloading this file, open it and install it in Bluestacks. After installing the file you should be able to install applications without any problems.
2. Use the rooted version of Bluestacks
Some applications, such as Showbox app, require a rooted Android device in order to install, therefore you’ll need a rooted version of Bluestacks as well.
You can download the rooted version of Bluestacks from third-party sources.
3. Reinstall Bluestacks
If Bluestacks fails to install apk, you can fix this problem by reinstalling Bluestacks. Completely uninstall Bluestacks from your PC and then download and install the latest version of the app.
After installing the latest version, all issues should be resolved.
4. Move the apk file to the Bluestacks folder
One of the simplest ways to install .apk files is to download them on your PC and double click them.
However, this method doesn’t always work, and sometimes it’s better to transfer the .apk file to the Bluestacks storage folder and install the .apk file directly from Bluestacks app.
Bluestacks failed to install error can be problematic and cause many problems on your PC, but we hope that you managed to fix them by using one of our solutions.