Fix: Bluestacks failed to install on Windows 10
We already wrote about one of the best Android emulators on Windows 10 called Bluestacks. While some users report that Bluestacks is stuck on initializing, some are complaining that Bluestacks failed to install on their PC.
Bluestacks failed to install, how to fix it?
Table of contents:
- Blustacks failed to install
- Delete all Bluestacks entries from registry
- Check if your PC meets the hardware requirements
- Update your graphic card drivers
- Run the setup in Compatibility mode
- Try restarting your Internet connection
- Make sure that you have .NET Framework installed
- Install the necessary certificates
- Be sure not to rename the setup file
- Fix – Bluestacks failed to install apk
- Blustacks failed to install
Fix – Blustacks failed to install
Solution 1 – Delete all Bluestacks entries from registry
Altering your registry can be potentially dangerous, therefore we advise you to create a backup of your registry in case anything goes wrong. To fix the problem with failing Bluestacks installation, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Registry Editor opens, go to Edit and select Find from the menu.
- Enter Bluestacks and click Find Next button.
- Delete all keys or registry values that are associated with Bluestacks. Press F3 to find the next instance of Bluestacks and delete it. Repeat this step until Bluestacks is completely removed from the registry.
- After you remove all Bluestacks entries, close Registry Editor and try to reinstall Bluestacks again.
Once again we have to warn you that deleting values from the registry can be potentially dangerous, therefore use extra caution and be sure to export your registry so that you have a backup available. Some users are advising just to remove BlueStacks key from the registry in order to fix this problem. Before you start, be sure that you uninstall Bluestacks. If you’re asked to keep the app data, choose No. After the Bluestacks is removed, open Registry Editor and go to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREBlueStacks key in the left pane. Right-click the BlueStacks key and choose Delete from the menu. After deleting the BlueStacks key try to install the application again.
Solution 2 – Check if your PC meets the hardware requirements
Bluestacks is a demanding application, and if your PC doesn’t meet the hardware requirements you might have problems installing Bluestacks. To fix this problem, be sure to check if your PC meets the app’s requirements.
If you meet the requirements, be sure to download Bluestacks from the official website. Sometimes problems can occur if you download this application from a third-party website, therefore we advise you to download Bluestacks only from the official website.
Lastly, make sure that you don’t have any older version of Bluestacks installed on your PC. If you want to install a newer version, please remove all previous Bluestacks installations and reinstall the app.
Solution 3 – Update your graphic card drivers
Users reported that Bluestacks installation problems can occur if your graphics card drivers are out of date, therefore it’s highly recommended that you update them. To update your drivers, simply visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your device. After updating your drivers, try to install Bluestacks again.
Updating drivers manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool to do it automatically. Thus, you will prevent file loss and even permanent damage to your computer.
Solution 4 – Run the setup in Compatibility mode
One of the potential solutions is to run the Bluestacks setup in Compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Right-click Bluestacks setup file and choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select a previous version of Windows from the menu.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
- Try to install Bluestacks again.
Solution 5 – Try restarting your Internet connection
According to a few users, you can fix the installation problems by restarting your Internet connection. To do that, simply turn off your router, wait for a few seconds and turn it back on. Alternatively, you can just unplug your Ethernet cable and connect it again, or temporarily disable your Internet connection.
Solution 6 – Make sure that you have .NET Framework installed
Sometimes you might not be able to install Bluestacks because .NET Framework is missing from your PC. To fix this problem, you need to download .NET Framework and install it on your computer. After installing the necessary components, the Bluestacks software should install without any problems.
Solution 7 – Install the necessary certificates
If Bluestacks won’t install on your PC, you can fix this problem by installing the necessary certificates. You can easily do that by following these steps:
- Right click the Bluestacks setup file and choose Properties. Go to the Digital Signature tab.
- Select the available signature and click the Details button.
- Digital Signature Details window will open. Click the View Certificate button.
- Click the Install Certificate button.
- Select Current User and click Next.
- Select Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate and click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
- After the certificate is installed, try to install Bluestacks again.
- READ ALSO: How to fix Windows 10 default apps missing
Solution 8 – Be sure not to rename the setup file
Few users reported that they changed the name of the Bluestacks setup file, and apparently this caused installation to fail. Therefore be sure not to change the name of the setup file while downloading it. If you changed the file name, you can simply rename it back to the original name and the setup should work without any problems.
Fix – Bluestacks failed to install apk
Solution 1 – Install this quick fix from Bluestacks
Users reported this problem while installing Showbox app on Bluestacks, and if you have this problem, you need to download PackageFileInvalidIssueResolver.apk. After downloading this file, open it and install it in Bluestacks. After installing the file you should be able to install applications without any problems.
Solution 2 – Use the rooted version of Bluestacks
Some applications, such as Showbox app, require a rooted Android device in order to install, therefore you’ll need a rooted version of Bluestacks as well. You can download the rooted version of Bluestacks from third-party sources.
Solution 3 – Reinstall Bluestacks
If Bluestacks fails to install apk, you can fix this problem by reinstalling Bluestacks. Completely uninstall Bluestacks from your PC and then download and install the latest version of the app. After installing the latest version, all issues should be resolved.
Solution 4 – Move the apk file to the Bluestacks folder
One of the simplest ways to install .apk files is to download them on your PC and double click them. However, this method doesn’t always work, and sometimes it’s better to transfer the .apk file to the Bluestacks storage folder and install the .apk file directly from Bluestacks app.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Bluestacks failed to install errors can be problematic and cause many problems on your PC, but we hope that you managed to fix them by using one of our solutions.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2016 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
- Fix: “A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken” error
- Fix Windows 10 error 0x80070019
- 7 best Windows 10 launchers for your Android smartphone
- Fix: Windows 10 Doesn’t Recognize Android Phone
- Top 100 free Windows 10 store apps to download
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but sometimes you might get Windows Explorer needs to be restarted out of the blue. This error can […]
Most of the tech companies are now working on rolling out new drivers to ensure the compatibility of their product with Windows 10 May 2019 […]
Microsoft recently updated the hardware requirements for the Windows 10 May 2019 Update. More specifically, the company increased the storage requirements for new devices that […]