FIX: Windows 10 failed to remove Bluetooth device
If Windows 10 won’t remove your Bluetooth devices, there’s no need to panic. This is actually quite a common problem among users and the good news is that there are a few solutions that you can use to fix it.
Can’t remove Bluetooth device on Windows 10? Here are 5 fixes
1. Uninstall Bluetooth devices
Hidden Bluetooth devices may prevent you from removing other Bluetooth devices. Set your Device Manager to show all hidden devices, uninstall them, and restart the computer. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do that:
- Go to Start > type “Device Manager” > double click the first result
- Select the View tab > click on Show hidden devices
- Uninstall the Bluetooth devices (right-click on them and then select Uninstall)
- Restart your PC (all Bluetooth devices will re-appear after your reboot the computer) and check if the issue persists.
2. Set Bluetooth services to automatic
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to launch Run
- Type services.msc > hit Enter
- Check if the Bluetooth Support Service is turned on and set to Automatic
- If this is not the case, simply right-click on Bluetooth Support Service and go to Properties
- Use the drop-down menu to set Bluetooth services to Automatic.
3. Use the built-in troubleshooter
Windows 10 also comes with a built-in troubleshooter that helps you fix a series of general technical issues.
- Go to Settings > Troubleshoot > select Bluetooth
- Run the troubleshooter
- You can also run the Hardware & Devices troubleshooter, located just below the Bluetooth troubleshooter.
If the issue persists, go to the next solution.
4. Update your drivers
You can install the latest driver updates on your computer by launching the Device Manager. Right-click on the Bluetooth device that you want to update and select ‘Update driver’.
You can also use Windows Update to automatically download and install the latest system updates, including the newest drivers.
Go to Settings > Update & Security > click on the ‘Check for updates’ button and install the available updates.
We also strongly recommend TweakBit’s Driver Updater (approved by Microsoft and Norton) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC. It’s a great tool which scans for updates as antivirus scans for threats. This tool will keep your system safe as you can manually download and install the wrong driver version.
Disclaimer: some functions of this tool are not free.
5. Remove other wireless devices from the room
In rare cases, other wireless or Bluetooth devices may interfere with the Bluetooth device that you’re trying to remove. If possible, make sure that there are no other wireless devices located near the Bluetooth device that you want to remove.
6. Clean your Registry
Missing or corrupted registry keys may prevent you from removing Bluetooth devices. This problem may occur if third-party software or malware operated inappropriate changes in the Bluetooth Registry keys.
You can also use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption. The utility verifies the integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan:
1. Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator
2. Now type the sfc /scannow command
3. Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot. Try to remove the device again to see if this method solved the problem.
We hope that these quick solutions helped you fix this annoying Bluetooth issue.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “Bluetooth won’t turn on” in Windows 10, 8.1
- Fix: Bluetooth mouse not working in Windows 10
- Fix: Bluetooth support service error 1079
Friday the 13th: The Game brings Jason back. As a player, you’ll take either on the role of Jason Voorhees, or that of a Camp Crystal […]
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Surface Pro 4 has been affected by a series of screen issues ever since its launch. We’re sure that most users still have vivid memories […]