- Borderlands 3 is an exciting FPS game that you can play in co-op mode with 3 friends. Find it on Windows, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- If you can't play Borderlands 3 due to lag spikes, high ping, and latency, download and install a high-speed VPN to fix these issues.
- Join our Borderlands 3 Troubleshooting section to fix other issues related to this game.
- If you typically lag or lose network packets in games, visit our Gaming VPN Hub.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
If you’re having Borderlands 3 lag in multiplayer mode, use a VPN to quickly fix this issue and improve your gaming experience.
Borderlands 3 (BL3) is a first-person shooter that you can play on Steam, Stadia, Windows, Mac, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Although it has a single-player edition, BL3 shines in the multiplayer version, where you can team up with 3 other players in co-op mode.
Unfortunately, many users can’t fully enjoy the game with their peers due to Borderlands 3 lag. If you’re one of them, just use a VPN to reduce your ping.
It’s your best chance to eliminate BL3 lag spikes and high ping issues. Besides, you can also fix packet loss with a VPN.
What are the best VPNs to fix Borderlands 3 lag?
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the best Borderlands 3 VPN for reducing lag and high ping. It comes equipped with numerous VPN servers and can help you host game servers, thanks to the fact that it has support for native port forwarding.
This VPN solution is operated by Kape Technologies. You can choose between static and dynamic IP addresses, use exclusive DNS servers to boost your Internet connection speed, as well as easily fix network congestion.
You should also know PIA is among the few VPNs that offer 24/7 live chat support. This way, you can ask for technical assistance whenever you have trouble attempting to redirect your network traffic through VPN and fix Borderlands 3 co-op lag.
More about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers in 49 countries
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- No-logging policy
- Easily handles Borderlands 3 multiplayer lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessWhenever Borderlands 3 starts to lag on your PC, PS4 or Xbox One, turn to PIA for help.
Another way to deal with BL3 multiplayer lag is by using CyberGhost VPN. Also a product of Kape Technologies, this VPN tool is one of the fastest on this list. It’s also the only one here that you can test for free (no credit card required). Plus, it can evade geoblocks.
CyberGhost VPN has a huge network of servers to help you fix BL3 online lag. You can use it to minimize jitter, set up split tunneling, activate an emergency kill switch, switch to private DNS servers, and enable DNS leak protection.
What makes CyberGhost VPN an ideal Borderlands 3 VPN are its high-speed VPN servers and premium security features that keep you safe from DDoS attacks. Also, you can easily fix Xbox packet loss.
More about CyberGhost VPN:
- +6,500 VPN servers in 89 countries
- Works with Windows, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- No data logs
- Quickly fixes Borderlands 3 laggy co-op issues
- Up to 45-day money-back guarantee (1-day free trial)
CyberGhost VPNIf Borderlands 3 lags after update, turn to this reliable VPN to solve this matter in a few steps.
An alternative way to fix Borderlands 3 lag on Steam, PS4, Xbox One, and PC is by turning to NordVPN. Operated by Tefincom & Co., this is a superior VPN solution that improves your Internet connection speed during gameplay. It can also fix Wi-Fi packet loss.
What makes NordVPN a special Borderlands 3 VPN app is that it can hide the fact that you’re using a VPN. This way, you can get around any VPN blocks on your computer or console. And you can easily turn off the VPN reuse your normal Internet connection.
NordVPN supports custom DNS servers and an integrated kill switch. It secures your browsing sessions using CyberSec, an exclusive malware blocker. As far as encryption is concerned, it uses the OpenVPN protocol.
More about NordVPN:
- +5,100 VPN servers in 59 countries
- Set it up on Windows, Mac, PS4, Xbox One
- Strict no-logging policy
- Effortlessly fixes Borderlands 3 multiplayer lag
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
NordVPNReduce BL3 lag and high ping by connecting to the high-speed servers of this powerful VPN tool.
Whenever you have Borderlands 3 lag issues that prevent you from enjoying the game with your friends, just use one of the three BL3 VPN tools we described above to solve your problems fast and easy.
FAQ: Learn more about Borderlands 3 performance issues
- Why does Borderlands 3 lag so much?
Borderlands 3 lag can be caused by network restrictions at school, on campus, or at the office, bandwidth throttled by your ISP, incorrect IP configuration over Wi-Fi, or something else.
- How do I check my FPS in Borderlands 3?
To show your FPS in Borderlands 3 on Steam, open the Steam menu, go to Settings > In-Game, and enable the In-game FPS counter. Or you can use FPS counter software.
- How do I fix my FPS in Borderlands 3?
You can fix Borderlands 3 FPS issues by updating your drivers and operating system, checking your game files for errors, and so on.
- How do I stop Borderlands 3 stuttering?
To stop game stuttering on PC, including Borderlands 3, disable the Windows Game Bar and Game DVR, update your GPU driver, enable V-Sync, and more.
- How do I make Borderlands 3 run better on PC?
If you have a GeForce graphics card, use NVIDIA Control Panel to configure GPU settings for PC performance.
- How do I stop Borderlands 3 from lagging?
The easiest way to stop Borderlands 3 from lagging is by using a VPN to reduce your ping.