- Epic Games Launcher errors can arise due to background program locks or simply because the game launcher is still running in the background.
- To successfully the Epic Games Launcher when the default Windows uninstaller doesn’t remove it, we recommend that you try out a third-party utility.
- Some Windows troubleshooters have helped users fix Epic Games Launcher uninstallation errors, so they are worth a try as well.
- Even though it is a more risky solution, users can also force stubborn software by editing the Windows registry.
If you can’t uninstall Epic Games Launcher, these potential resolutions might help you uninstall it.
What can I do if i get Epic Games Launcher uninstall errors?
1. Uninstall Epic Games Launcher with a third-Party uninstaller utility
Numerous alternative third-party software removal utilities will uninstall Epic Games Launcher without any issues.
Uninstallers are completely safe utilities that not only remove the selected app but also scan your PC for any leftover files or registry entries related to that app and remove them as well.
This guarantees that your PC is clutter-free and you will be able to reinstall the program in the future without old files interfering with new ones and causing errors such as crashing your installation.
Dedicated uninstallers also help you remove browser toolbars, malicious software, bloatware, and more.
2. Make sure Epic Games Launcher isn’t still running
- Right-click the taskbar to select and open Task Manager.
- Select Epic Games Launcher under Apps on the Processes tab, and click the End task button.
- Then look for Epic Games Launcher listed under Background processes. If you find any Epic Games processes there, select them and click the End task button.
- Thereafter, try uninstalling Epic Games Launcher again.
3. Uninstall Epic Games Launcher in Safe Mode
- Click the Power button on the Windows 10 Start button.
- Hold the Shift key and click Restart.
- Then you’ll need to select Troubleshoot > Advanced options on the blue menu.
- Select the Start-up Settings option, and then click Restart.
- Press 4 to select the Enable Safe Mode option when Windows restarts.
- Thereafter, try uninstalling Epic Games within Safe Mode.
4. Delete the EpicGamesLauncher app data folder
- Right-click the Start button and select the Run option on the Win + X menu.
- Type this path command into Run’s text box and click OK:
- Then select the Epic Games subfolder within the Local folder.
- Press the Delete button to erase the Epic Games subfolder.
- Then try uninstalling Epic Game Launcher after you’ve deleted that subfolder.
5. Run the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
- Open the Program Install and Uninstall download page in a browser.
- Press the Download troubleshooter button on that page.
- Click Save to download it to a folder.
- Then open the folder you downloaded the troubleshooter to in File Explorer.
- Click MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab to open the troubleshooter window directly below.
- Press the Next button on the troubleshooter’s window.
- Select the Uninstalling option.
- Then select Epic Games Launcher as the program you want to uninstall if it’s listed. If it isn’t listed, select the Not listed radio button.
- Click Next to resolve uninstallation issues for Epic Games Launcher.
6. Force uninstall Epic Games Launcher via the registry
- Open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey for that accessory.
- To open the Registry Editor, input this Run command and click OK:
- Next, open this key location in the Registry Editor:
- Thereafter, locate the Epic Games Launcher key there, which has a random code. You can identify it by looking for the Epic Games Launcher Prerequisites DisplayName string shown directly below.
- Right-click the Epic Game Launcher key and select the Delete option.
- Click the Yes button on the Confirm Key Delete window.
- Restart Windows after deleting the key.
Note: We recommended users back up the registry, or set up a System Restore point, before deleting registry keys.
Those potential resolutions are worth a shot when Epic Games Launcher doesn’t uninstall. The above fixes might resolve Epic Games uninstall issues for some users, but aren’t necessarily guaranteed for everybody. You can submit a support ticket via Epic’s Support request page for further potential fixes.