CCleaner finally brings the much-needed suppport for Windows 8.1 devices
If you missed the news, then we are here to report it for you – your favorite PC cleaning tool CCleaner, has been updated to get full support for Windows 8.1. Piriform has finally updated CCleaner for Windows 8.1, so you can clean all those unwanted files. Also, since we know how many old Windows 8 folder we create, CCleaner 4.07 can now also clean up old Windows installation folders.
Relased on 24 Oct 2013, CCleaner v4.07.4369 comes with the following changes, besides Windows 8.1 support:
- Added Internet Explorer 11 Release Preview for Windows 7 compatibility.
- Added old Windows installation folder cleaning.
- Improved Internet Explorer history cleaning.
- Added Baidu Spark browser cleaning.
- Improved debug mode notification.
- Added ABBYY FineReader 11.0, Corel PaintShop Pro X6 and Nero Burning Rom 2014 cleaning.
- Improved WinZip, Java, UltraEdit, Macromedia Shockwave 10 and 11, Photodex ProShow Producer and RealPlayer SP cleaning.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes
To optimize your Windows 8.1 PC, tablet or hybrid, you can also use GlaryUtilities, which has also been updated to get Windows 8.1 support. If you’re looking to clean your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 registry, then you can follow our evergreen guide on this.