CCleaner is Compatible With Windows 8.1, 10
The compatibility issues have been on solved by the developers over the time passed, keeping up the work with every Windows Update. If you are starting fresh with this tool, we suggest you head on to the review and find out How to clean your Windows 10, 8 or 7 PC with CCleaner [review].
If you encounter problems with installing CCleaner after Windows upgrade or the feature update, check our article Fix: CCleaner Installer doesn’t work in Windows 10.
Previous versions added support for Windows 10, 8.1
Constant update is essential for every software, and developers from Piriform did not settle with updating this registry cleaner. Back in 2016, version 5.22 added full support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
Along with the portable version came the final version 5.08 when CCleaner was ready for Windows 10. You can read the full article: CCleaner Gets Updated with Windows 10 Support & Improved Microsoft Edge Cache Cleaning.
- Read also: 5 best tune-up utilities for Windows 10
CCleaner was there to offer support for Windows 8.1
If you missed the news, then we are here to report it for you – your favorite PC cleaning tool CCleaner, has been updated to get full support for Windows 8.1. Piriform has finally updated CCleaner for Windows 8.1, so you can clean all those unwanted files. Also, since we know how many old Windows 8 folder we create, CCleaner 4.07 can now also clean up old Windows installation folders.
Relased on 24 Oct 2013, CCleaner v4.07.4369 comes with the following changes, besides Windows 8.1 support:
- Added Internet Explorer 11 Release Preview for Windows 7 compatibility.
- Added old Windows installation folder cleaning.
- Improved Internet Explorer history cleaning.
- Added Baidu Spark browser cleaning.
- Improved debug mode notification.
- Added ABBYY FineReader 11.0, Corel PaintShop Pro X6 and Nero Burning Rom 2014 cleaning.
- Improved WinZip, Java, UltraEdit, Macromedia Shockwave 10 and 11, Photodex ProShow Producer and RealPlayer SP cleaning.
- Minor GUI improvements.
- Minor bug fixes
To optimize your Windows 8.1 PC, tablet or hybrid, you can also use GlaryUtilities, which has also been updated to get Windows 8.1 support. If you’re looking to clean your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 registry, then you can follow our evergreen guide on this.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Avast bundles Avast Free Antivirus with CCleaner after buying Piriform
- Advanced SystemCare 11 is an impressive PC cleanup tool that boosts performance by miles
- Wise Care 365 for Windows 10 updates System Protection and Common Cleaner
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2013 and has been since revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
If your PC has both an HDD and an SSD, sometimes you can experience a situation where your PC chooses an HDD boot instead of […]
Apex Legends DirectX error can prevent you from starting the game, and in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem once and […]
A new feature to the Windows 10 Calculator app is currently under development. Recent reports suggest that Microsoft is adding a graphing mode to its […]