- The ceip.exe Application Error can occur due to various reasons, but there are several ways to fix this problem.
- Uninstalling/reinstalling CEIP apps might fix the ceip.exe error message for some users.
- Some users might need to reconfigure their boot (startup) settings in order to fix this error on their Windows 10 PC.
- If the ceip.exe Application Error keeps popping up, you might have to disable certain startup services or update the application.
Ceip.exe is the process for the Citrix Customer Experience Improvement Program, which collects data from a Citrix Workspace (or older Receiver) app.
When the Citrix app can’t open correctly, a ceip.exe – Application Error message pops up that states:
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
When users click OK, however, the error message appears again. The quoted error is a common one that also arises for other software and apps.
If you’re among those users who need to fix the Citrix ceip.exe – Application Error, check out these potential resolutions.
How can I fix the Citrix ceip.exe Application error?
1. Modify the registry
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Press Enter or click OK.
- Navigate to the following key:
- Double-click on LoadAppInit_DLL and change the value data to 0.
After making these changes, check if the ceip.exe Application Error is gone.
2. Uninstall or reinstall the CEIP Citrix app
- To open Run, press the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- Input this Run command and click OK:
- Enter the keyword Citrix in the search box to find your Citrix app.
- Select your Citrix app, and click the Uninstall option for it.
- Click Yes if any confirmation dialog boxes pop up.
- Restart your desktop or laptop after uninstalling the Citrix app.
- If you don’t want the Citrix app, you can stop here. However, users who need the Citrix Workspace CEIP app can reinstall the latest version by clicking the Download for Windows button on the Citrix website.
- Thereafter, reinstall Citrix Workspace with the downloaded installer.
3. Clean-boot Windows
- Launch the Run accessory.
- To open MSConfig, type in this Run command and select OK:
- Click the Selective startup radio button on the General tab.
- Uncheck the Load startup items checkbox.
- Make sure you have the Load system services and Use original boot configuration settings selected.
- Select the Services tab in the screenshot directly below.
- Then select the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Press the Disable all button to disable the remaining services.
- Make sure you click Apply to save settings.
- Select the OK option to close the MSConfig window.
- Click Restart on the dialog box window that opens after closing MSConfig.
4. Disable problematic services
- Press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- Locate EntryProtect Inject on the list and double-click it to open its settings.
- Set the Startup type to Disabled and click on Apply and OK to save changes.
Once you make these changes, Ceip.exe application error should be gone.
5. Uninstall recent Windows updates
- Click the Settings cog icon on the Start menu in Windows 10.
- Select Update & Security to open a Windows Update tab in Settings.
- Next, click the View update history option.
- Click Uninstall updates to open a list of Windows patch updates.
- Select to uninstall a recent update that might have triggered the issue.
- Then click the Uninstall option.
- Select the Yes option on confirmation prompts.
Those resolutions for fixing the Citrix CEIP.exe – Application Error are certainly worth a try. You can also get further advice for fixing that issue from Citrix technical support.
The Citrix Technical Supports Contacts page includes various national support numbers and a Live Chat link.