- Chakracore.dll is a Dynamic Link Library file associated with Microsoft Chakra (Private). Running a System File scan, which will restore corrupted or missing DLL files, is a recommended fix for the chakracore.dll is missing error.
- As you might already know, DLL files are secondary files that enable a certain application to work on the Windows platform. In case you receive DLL errors, you might want to consider a DLL fixer tool to repair.
- You can find more articles with similar solutions on our exclusive Windows 10 Errors Hub.
This error message can pop up for some users: The program can’t start because chakra.dll is missing from your computer. That error arises when the chakracore.dll becomes unavailable for programs that need it.
If chakracore.dll is missing from your computer, you should know that you can fix it much the same as other DLL errors.
What do I fix chakracore.dll missing in Windows 10?
1. Run a System File scan
- The System File Checker, which restores corrupted or missing DLL files, is a probable fix for the chakracore.dll is missing error. To run an SFC scan, open the search utility with the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input cmd in the search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt to select its Run as administrator option.
- Before initiating a system file scan, enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth in the Prompts window and press Return.
- Then enter SFC /scannow in the Prompt, and press the Return button. Wait for the scan to complete, which might take more than 30 minutes.
- Thereafter, restart Windows if the scan fixes some files.
If you’re having trouble accessing Command Prompt as an admin, then you better take a closer look at this guide.
2. Register the chakracore.dll
Some users might need to register the chakracore.dll file. To do that, open an elevated Command Prompt. Then input regsvr32 chakra.dll in the Prompt, as below, and press the Enter key.
3. Reinstall the specific software
- If the chakracore.dll error arises for a specific program, try reinstalling that software. To do so, launch run by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input appwiz.cpl in Run, and click the OK button.
- Select the program the chkracore.dll error arises for within the Programs and Features Control applet.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Then click Yes to provide further confirmation to remove the software.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling software.
- Thereafter, reinstall the latest version of the uninstalled software.
4. Scan for malware
Chakracore.dll errors might be due to malware, which targets DLL system files. So, run a malware scan with Malwarebytes. Click the Download Free button for the Windows Malwarebytes software on the utility’s website.
Then, after installing Malwarebytes, open it and click the Scan Now button.
5. Restore Windows 10 to an earlier date
- Restoring Windows 10 to time when there wasn’t a chakracore.dll issue on the user’s PC might also fix the issue. To do that, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Input rstrui in the Open text box and click OK, which will open the System Restore utility.
- Click the Next button to proceed.
- Click the Show more restore points checkbox to expand the selection of restore points.
- Select a restore point that will likely restore Windows to a time when the Chakracore.dll error message didn’t pop up.
- Users will lose software and updates installed after a selected restore point. Click Scan for affected programs for further details.
- Click the Next and Finish buttons to initiate the system restore.
6. Reset Windows 10
- Users can reset Windows 10 to its factory settings, which will reinstall the OS and restore missing system files. To reset the platform, enter ‘reset’ in Windows 10’s search box.
- Click Reset this PC to open the window shown directly below.
- Click the Get started button.
- Select the Keep my files option.
- Click the Next and Reset buttons to proceed.
Need more info on how to factory reset your PC? Read this article and find out everything you need to know.
The above resolutions will probably fix chakracore.dll errors for most users. Besides, users can try fixing chakracore.dll errors by scanning the registry and updating system drivers with system maintenance software.
If you have any other questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
FAQ: Learn more about DLL issues
- What is Chakra.dll used for?
Chakra.dll file, also known as Microsoft Chakra (Private), is commonly associated with Internet Explorer. It is an essential component, which ensures that Windows programs operate properly. This is why, if chakra.dll file is missing, it may negatively affect the work of that specific software.
- What causes DLL errors?
DLL files are used by Windows programs to perform different functions on the system. Changing or deleting DLL files due to a program uninstall, faulty hardware, corrupt registry, and malware infestation are some of the common causes of DLL errors.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2019 and it has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.