- A corrupted database error in Kaspersky can leave your system vulnerable, so it's important to fix it as soon as you can.
- Corrupted installation is usually the main cause, so it's a good idea to reinstall the software.
- A bad update can also be related to this issue, so be sure to revert any recent updates.
Does Kaspersky Antivirus give you an error message saying Databases are corrupted whenever you open up this software? You are not alone.
A wide number of users have reported having the same issue on their PCs, and it seems that this will prevent the application from working properly.
In this article, we will explore some of the best methods to fix this issue, so let’s get started.
Why does the corrupted Kaspersky databases error appears?
In almost all cases, this issue will occur if your Kaspersky installation is damaged. This can happen for several reasons, but the most likely is a bad update.
After removing the update the caused the issue, the problem should be resolved.
How corrupted Kaspersky databases error affects my PC?
If this error appears, Kaspersky Antivirus can’t update its antivirus definitions. This can be a problem since newer threats could be to infect your PC and cause damage.
In the worst-case scenario, your antivirus won’t work at all, thus leaving your PC completely vulnerable to all malware.
Secure your devices with award-winning cybersecurity technology.
Best security tool for intense browsing activity.
Keep secure with groundbreaking AI detection and prevention technology.
Browse the web securely for up to 3 devices across Windows, Mac, iOS or Android systems.
Prevent data breaches and malware infections with user-friendly controls.
How can I fix corrupted databases errors in Kaspersky?
1. Update your Kaspersky databases
- Open Kaspersky.
- Click on Database Update.
- Now click the Run update button.
- Wait while the updates are being downloaded.
- If the process is completed successfully, then the Kaspersky window will turn green. That means that the error is resolved.
2. Restart Kaspersky
- Right-click on the Kaspersky icon in your Taskbar and select Exit.
- Run Kaspersky by double-clicking the icon on the desktop.
- Check to see if the problem persists.
3. Rollback the update
- Start Kaspersky.
- Navigate to Protection and Control and select Tasks.
- Right-click the Update task on the list and choose Roll back update.
4. Re-install Kaspersky
- Press Windows key + X keys on your keyboard and select Apps and features.
- Search the list for Kaspersky Antivirus and Kaspersky Secure Connection.
- Select each of them, and then click on Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove Kaspersky Antivirus from your PC.
- Visit the Official Kaspersky website, and download your favorite version.
- Install Kaspersky again, and check to see if the problem persists.
To ensure that this methods works, you’re advised to remove software leftovers as well since they can cause problems once you install the application again.
IOBit Uninstaller is among the best third-party uninstaller tools, which incorporates some unique features. Note that it provides options to eradicate all leftover residual files and registry entries from uninstalled software.
Is Kaspersky a good antivirus?
Yes, Kaspersky is a great antivirus solution that will provide users with high-grade protection against all types of malware.
The antivirus works great, but few users reported that Kaspersky is blocking VPN, however, that can be easily fixed.
Is is safe to disable Kaspersky?
If you’re on Windows 10 or newer, you already have a built-in antivirus in form of Windows Defender. Although it’s not as advanced as Kaspersky or any other antivirus, it still does a great job of keeping you safe.
So even if you disable or remove third-party antivirus, you’ll still remain protected thanks to the built-in security software.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods for the Corrupted databases error in Kaspersky. We hope these methods solved your issue.
If you’re still having this issue, we advise you to check our guide on how to fix fatal errors in Kaspersky for more information.
Please feel free to let us know how well these solutions worked for you, by using the comments section below.