How to disable certain keys on keyboard in Windows 10
Is there a key on the keyboard you don’t need? For example, Caps Lock capitalizes all text when you enter login details. So if you don’t need that key, or any other, this is how you can switch off keys in Windows 10 with KeyTweak.
KeyTweak is a software package that enables you to remap keys. So with that you can remap, or assign, one key to another. You can also switch keys off with the program.
- First, open this Softpedia page and click Download to save the installer.
- Open the installer to add KeyTweak to Windows and run the program.
- When you’ve opened the KeyTweak window above, select a key to switch off by clicking its button on the keyboard display. The software’s window tells you what the key is currently mapped to as below.
- After selecting a keyboard key to switch off, press the Disable key button. The Pending Changes box lists keys to remap as in the snapshot directly below.
- You can press Clear All to erase the list if needed.
- Alternatively, press the Apply button and then click Yes to restart Windows and disable the selected key.
- After Windows restarts, press the key you selected to turn off. Nothing will happen as the key is effectively switched off.
- You can switch the key on again by selecting it in KeyTweak and pressing the Restore Default button. Or you can press the Restore All Defaults key instead.
- Then restart Windows 10 to restore the original keys in Windows.
So that’s how to switch off keyboard keys in Windows. KeyTweak is a great software package that enables you to switch off most keys on your keyboard or remap them to other alternatives if required. SharpKeys is also another program you can turn off keys with in Windows 10.
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]
We have all sorts of applications on our PC, but sometimes certain apps can become grayed out and unable to remove. This can be a […]