- The Discord music bot lagging issue on your server can occur due to latency issues.
- In this article, we explore a few troubleshooting steps to help you fix the stuttering and lagging music bots in Discord.
- For more troubleshooting guides, don't hesitate to explore our dedicated Fix section.
- If you're interested in extensive gaming coverage, check out our detailed Gaming hub.
Discord allows you to use music bots to play music to your chat and other audience. However, at times the Discord music bot can start lagging during the chat.
This issue seems to be occurring due to latency issues caused by the Discord’s voice servers. According to the bot developers, this issue can be resolved by switching your voice server region to a different region.
In this article, we take a look at the steps that you can perform to troubleshoot the Discord music bot lagging issue.
How can I make Discord music bot not lag?
1. Change voice server region
- To be able to change the voice region, you must be either a server owner or have a role with Manager Server permissions enabled.
- Once you have the permission, login to your Discord server.
- Click the down arrow icon next to your server’s name.
- Select Server Settings from the context menu.
- In the Overview tab, locate the Server Region section.
- Click the Change button under Server Region.
- Now select a server that is closest to your region.
- Click Save Change to apply the changes.
Once the changes are saved, you need to test the music bot again in the chat or stream to see if it is still lagging. In most cases, changing the server region should resolve the Discord music bot lagging issue.
You can also change the voice server region from within your direct message and calls section. Here’s how to do it.
- Click the down arrow icon that shows the name of your current region on the top right corner.
- Select your preferred voice server region.
- That’s it. Discord should apply the selected server as your preferred voice server region.
It’s a fact that the closer your physical location to a server, the lower latency you will experience. However, only you having a great ping is not sufficient. Your friend or others on the discover should also have a decent ping to have a lag-free experience.
If the users on the discord servers are from two different or even multiple regions, it is better to find a middle-ground between you and your friends.
2. Check your hosting service
If you are hosting a Discord music bot yourself, check if it is putting a strain on your server. When you try to upload a lot of things at once, the resources allocated to your music bot may take a hit resulting in stuttering and lag issues.
If the issue persists, consider trying any other Discord music bot. Changing the music bot should help you overcome the lagging issues caused by bot limitations.
The Discord music bot lagging issue usually occurs due to server latency. It can be resolved by changing the voice server region. For self-hosted music bots, check the hosting resources and upgrade to avoid any strain on the server.