- You can easily fix Discord not playing browser sounds in just a few simple steps by following our guidance.
- Making sure that you use a dedicated browser, created specifically for gamers could definitely solve the Discord sound problem.
- This issue can appear due to outages on the server's side, also affecting the sound, so make sure to check that out.
- Another quick and easy way to solve any sound issues you may have with Discord is making sure that the correct output device is being used.
Discord is the most used chat app by gamers that help them communicate via text and voice.
It’s really frustrating being in the middle of a game, trying to communicate something only to realize that you can’t hear voice while using the chat on Discord in the browser.
The error can appear in a variety of ways, including Discord notifications not working in the browser, and absolutely no sound while using Discord in your browser.
If you are facing the same issue, know that you are not alone. That’s why we have gathered a list with possible solutions in our guide that will help you solve this problem in no time.
How can I fix Discord not playing browser sound?
1. Use another browser
Before moving forward and presenting our solutions, we would like to recommend a very easy solution to the streaming browser with no sound on Discord.
All you will need is specialized and completely free software that comes in the form of a dedicated browser, that has been created especially for gamers.
Although other browsers are good also, Opera GX is one of the best since it comes with features that were specifically designed to sustain games and apps such as Discord.
Thanks to the GX Control panel you will have access to a CPU, RAM and bandwidth limiter. what this means is that your browser will never interfere with your gaming sessions and there won’t be any interruptions.
Moreover, all the amazing tools and features that Opera comes with, are also integrated in Opera GX, including the ad blocker and free VPN.
Opera GXFantastic integration and services that makes this gamer browser perfect for anyone using Discord.
2. Check the server status
Another quick way to see if the Discord sharing screen with no sound on your browser problem is on your side or not is to check the Discord status.
On there site you’ll be able to see if there are any outages announced. In case that there are, know that this can be a cause to why your audio may not be working properly.
All you can do in this situation is to simply wait for them to fix the issues on their side and resume using Discord.
3. Check your browser settings
- Open your browser and go to Settings.
- Go to Privacy and security and click on Site settings.
- In the Site settings option select Microphone.
- Click on the Trashcan to delete it in the Discord drop down menu.
- Now, go to the Discord app and unmute the microphone.
- Click Allow when prompted.
4. Use the correct Output Device
- Go to Discord and click User settings.
- Now, select Voice & Video.
- Under Output device, choose your preferred device and make sure that the output volume is not 0.
These are the easiest ways to fix Discord not playing sounds in your browser and as you can see the fixes imply a few simple steps to follow.
Following our recommendation you will regain audio access on Discord when using your browser, in no time.
Let us know in the comments section bellow which of the above solutions worked best for you, we would love to hear it.