KB4489890, KB4489888 and KB4489889 bring tens of bug fixes
If you’re running older Windows 10 OS version, you may want to check for updates. Microsoft released new updates for Windows 10 v1709, v1703 and v1607: KB4489890, KB4489888 and KB4489889, respectively.
These three updates bring tens of bug fixes and improvements to the table, fixing some major technical issues affecting the OS.
You can download these patches automatically from Windows Update. Alternatively, you can get the stand-alone update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
These three update share many common fixes and improvements. We’ll list some of them below:
- Addresses an issue with a Microsoft Access 97 database that stops a requested operation when a table or column has custom properties.
- Updates time zone information for Buenos Aires, Argentina, Kazakhstan, São Tomé and Príncipe.
- Addresses an issue with Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications that fails to use the Japanese Era registry settings for dates in the Japanese format. […]
- Addresses an issue with the Group Policy, “Turn off app notifications on the lock screen”.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent users from signing in and cause account lockouts when using the App-V client to start applications. […]
- Addresses an issue that prevents App-V applications from starting and generates error “0xc0000225”. […]
- Addresses an issue that prevents the authentication credentials dialog from appearing when an enterprise web server attempts to connect to the Internet. […]
- Addresses an issue that removes the ALLOWCLSIDS policy from the policy XML file when you run the Add-SignerRule for Windows Defender Application Control.
For more information, you can check out the complete update changelog pages listed below:
Keep in mind that these updates also bring issues of their own. Make sure to check the support pages first before hitting the check for update button.
Have you ever received this message Are you sure you want to convert colors to a destination document with a color profile that does not […]
Have you ever received This will cancel all transfers in progress are you sure you want to cancel all transfers message whenever you are trying […]