Epson Printer Drivers for Windows 10 [Download & Install]
Download the drivers by updating them in the Device Manager
- There are a few methods to try out if you want to quickly download and install the Epson printer drivers for Windows 10 and this article will show you some of them.
- The Epson printer drivers for Windows 10 can be downloaded from the official Epson support website.
- You can also use automated installer software to install and update device drivers.
Some of our readers have recently requested to know how to download and install the Epson printer drivers for Windows 10.
In case you have also been wondering about how to download and install the Epson printer drivers for Windows 10, do not worry as we have compiled some simplified methods to use in this article.
What is Epson Printer Drivers?
Epson printer drivers are software programs that enable a computer to communicate with an Epson printer. These drivers enable the computer to send print jobs to the printer and also receive status updates and error messages from the printer.
Epson printer drivers are available for different operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux. They can be downloaded from the Epson website or through the operating system’s built-in driver update utility.
Epson releases updated drivers on their website as and when they become available. It is important to ensure that the correct driver is installed for the specific printer model and operating system to avoid compatibility issues and errors.
Now that you know what Epson printer drivers are, let’s proceed to how to download and install the Epson printer drivers for Windows 10 on your PC.
How can I download and install Epson Printer drivers for Windows 10?
1. Download and install drivers from Epson Official Website
- Visit the Epson official Support website on your web browser.
- In the Search text field, type your printer model number and press Enter or click the Search button.
- Select your printer model name from the list of printers provided.
- Now, click on the Drivers and Downloads option and select your operating system as Windows 10.
- Click on the Download button for the driver file to be downloaded to your computer.
- Double-click on the driver file once it has been downloaded, and double-click on it to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
The best place to download your Epson Printer Drivers is the manufacturer’s website, which is the Epson official website. The drivers in there are always up to date and perfectly safe to use on your Windows 10 PC.
2. Use a third-party installer software
In case you want to rely on an automated method, you can make use of highly-recommended software specially created to execute an error-free process.
For instance, DriverFix is one of the most reliable options because it is a one-stop solution for all your driver-related needs.
It will run a thorough scanning procedure to detect all outdated or malfunctioning drivers and find the latest updates within a few seconds.
It has a substantial database of driver versions to ensure that your computer has the smoothest performance afterward.
DriverFixWorry less about your device’s outdated drivers and let DriverFix update them with the best versions.
3. Install Drivers from Windows Update
- Connect your Epson printer to your Windows 10 computer using a USB cable.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings app. Click on Update & Security.
- Then click on Windows Update from the left pane and click on Check for updates on the right pane.
- Next, if there are any available updates for your printer, they will be listed under view Optional updates.
- Now, select the Epson printer driver update and click on Install.
- Once installed, restart your computer.
Checking for drivers in Windows Update is another viable procedure to get the latest drivers but if you have an older printer, you probably won’t find it there.
4. Use Device Manager
- Press the Start button and type Device Manager and launch it.
- Expand the Printers section, right-click on your Epson printer and select Update driver.
- Now, click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Windows will now search for and install the latest driver for your printer.
If this doesn’t work, repeat steps 1-3 and select Uninstall device. When you restart your PC, the system will automatically detect the printer and install a driver for it.
And that’s it on how to download and install the Epson printer drivers for Windows 10.
In case you are unable to install your printer driver on Windows 10, you can explore our expert guide to know how to fix the issue.
If you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to use the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!