- The Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2 is a sign that an issue occurred during the installation procedure of cumulative updates in Windows 10.
- If you don’t know what to do, the quick guide below will help you get rid of it for good.
- For more curated fixes, take your time and visit our Windows Update Errors section.
- Bothered by similar problems all the time? In such a case, just bookmark our Windows 10 Troubleshooting Hub.
If you can’t complete the installation process of new cumulative updates in Windows 10, then this post is for you. Many users are in your shoes too.
They simply can’t download and install the latest updates on their machines due to various errors that block the install process.
This is indeed annoying, but before you give up, just take a minute and keep reading this guide. You’ll learn what are the steps to follow in order to correct this issue in no time.
How can I fix Windows Update Error 0x80070bc2?
- First of all, launch Command Prompt (Admin).
- Then, just type the following commands hitting Enter after each one:
- SC config wuauserv start= auto
- SC config bits start= auto
- SC config cryptsvc start= auto
- SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
By far, one of the most common errors affecting Windows 10 updates is error 0x80070bc2. Apply the above steps and then restart your PC before installing the latest updates again.
This time, the whole process should work without any problems. The error 0x80070bc2 should no longer occur, as this user confirms:
This solved my issue with the endless circle of the update failing to install. It installed both the KB4093112 update and the KB 4093110 (update to Adobe flash) after 14 trys. So I been able to free up the memory involved in constantly trying to update these.
Of course, if you still can’t enjoy the latest cumulative updates, you can always download the standalone update package from Microsoft’s Update Catalog website.
Oftentimes, update errors are related to corrupted users profiles, so you should also try to create a new administrator account.
Once you’ve signed in to your new profile, perform a clean boot, and then check for updates. Are things any better now?
Frequently Asked Questions
To quickly fix Windows Update errors, you may restart your computer, make sure that it has enough space, or use other quick solutions.
Here are some solutions that might help you fix a failed Windows update: you may run both DISM and System File Checker scans or use the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
Yes, you can. Enter into Programs and Features and click on View installed updates. You may also apply the steps from this detailed guide to uninstall Windows 10 Anniversary updates.