Fix Windows update issues with these two tools
Sometimes, you may get stuck on or frozen at the ‘Checking for updates‘ message when you try to upgrade Windows. Don’t worry because there are lots of ways to fix this annoying issue. For starters, you can try updating your drivers or patches, and you can also try changing the DNS server settings.
Other ways of fixing problems related to Windows updates involve uninstalling antivirus software, using Windows Troubleshooting, or restoring the system. If none of this ways work, there’s always the possibility to download tools that will help you resolve the issue. We picked out five such programs that will definitely come in handy and help you fix all kinds of update-related issues on your Windows system.
Make sure to check out their sets of features and how they work to make the most informed decision for your Windows needs and computer skills as well.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
This tool is the default troubleshooter on Windows 10. You have the ability to open this tool from the search bar by just writing troubleshoot in the search area. From the troubleshooting window, all you have to do is select Fix Problems with Windows Update, and this handy tool will simply and automatically resolve the update issue.
Here are the best parts of using this small but useful tool:
- If you’re experiencing troubles with Windows Update, all you have to do is make sure that you’re connected to the Internet and then download the Windows Update Troubleshooter for your version of Windows that’s running on your computer.
- To use this tool on Windows 10, simply head over to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > select the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- You can download the troubleshooter for Windows 7 and Windows 8 as well
- After the troubleshooter did its magic, you have to try running the Windows Update again and install all available updates.
If you head over to Microsoft’s support page, you will also find a detailed guide on how to fix various Windows Update Errors, so it’s worth taking a look there as well.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management
Deployment Image Servicing and Management aka DISM is a command-line tool that is used to mount and service Windows Images before deployment. This handy tool will help you in fixing Windows Update troubleshooter and files that got corrupted during the installation process, check out the best and the most useful features that are included in this small tool:
- You will be able to use DISM image management commands to mount and get data about the Windows image files or virtual hard disks.
- You can also use this tool to capture, split and manage Windows image (.wim) files.
- DISM can install, uninstall, configure, and update Windows features, packages, drivers and also international settings in a .wim file or VHD (virtual hard disks) via the DSIM servicing commands.
- The DSIM commands are used on offline images, but the subsets of the DSIM commands are also available to service a running operating system as well.
- DSIM is installed with Windows, and it’s distributed in the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit.
DSIM replaces various deployment tools, and these include PEimg, ImageX, Intlcfg, and Package Manager.
These are two of the best and quickest ways that you can use to get rid of the annoying problems related to Windows updates.
These two solutions that we’ve described above will definitely help you to troubleshoot Windows update issues easily and quickly. They are straightforward to use even for users who have never tried them before and who are not too experienced in troubleshooting Windows problems.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
Best tools to fix Windows update errors
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]