- Windows Update errors are quite common and can make you miss out on important new features.
- The best Windows update repair tools help you overcome quite a few unpleasant situations.
- We've listed some of them below, and they include tools like Restoro and DriverFix.
- So, if you're looking for the best Windows update fixer tool, go ahead and read below.
Sometimes, you may get stuck on or frozen at the Checking for updates message when you try to upgrade Windows. Don’t worry because there are lots of ways to fix this annoying issue.
For starters, you can try updating your drivers or patches, and you can also try changing the DNS server settings.
Other ways of fixing problems related to Windows updates involve uninstalling antivirus software, using Windows Troubleshooting, or restoring the system.
If none of these ways work, there’s always the possibility to download tools that will help you resolve the issue.
We picked out four such tools that will definitely come in handy and help you fix all kinds of update-related issues on your Windows system.
Make sure to check out their sets of features and how they work to make the most informed decision for your Windows needs and computer skills as well.
What is the best software to fix update errors in Windows 10?
Restoro is a convenient tool to scan your device for not just malware, but also for security issues.
With one click, you allow the app to start searching for whatever compromises your device’s security or performance. In the end, you’ll get a full report, as well as helpful recommendations for the next actions.
These might include removing malware traces, tweaking some settings for possible security breaches, freeing disk space, restoring Windows OS corrupted images & more.
The good thing is that using Restoro doesn’t require any tech knowledge -the tool will guide you through the whole process.
Having trouble after a faulty Windows update? Worry no more. Restoro will help you restore you OS to be brand new.
Updating all your drivers with just a simple click and having complete access to a huge database of drivers sound too good to be true. Even so, that’s precisely what you’re about to get from DriverFix.
Moreover, you’ll see a detailed report of all of your out-of-date device drivers, in order to know where the issues may come from.
However, do note that DriverFix doesn’t simply update outdated and missing drivers but also fixes corrupted ones.
On top of that, this program has a user interface that’s easier to use than one of most competitors.
DriverFix key features that you’re about to take advantage of:
- Accurate scans for out-of-date or missing drivers
- Reveals lots of detail on your drivers
- Generous database of 18 million driver files
- Drivers backup options
- Engaging user interface
DriverFix is the best tool to help you find and update the drivers on your PC. Ready to give it a try?
When issues aren’t related to your drivers, a different approach is required. In fact, before getting to issues in the first place, why not using Acronis True Image?
This is the best backup tool that you can try out and avoid any unpleasant situations from the very start. You may do so for full system images or individual files.
Then, a few clicks are more than enough in order to restore your entire system to the same or even different hardware. The choice is always yours to make.
These are some of the main features that this Acronis program brings to the table:
- Comprehensive tools to create a mirror image of your system
- Backup options for individual files and folders
- Malware scanning features
- Great features to stop the latest cyberattacks
- Active disk cloning
Acronis True Image
Be one step ahead and use Acronis True Image. For complete backups, this is the undisputed choice.
Windows update errors are some of the most common errors encountered, and they are usually categorized by when they actually trigger:
- Some usually prevent you from updating your PC
- Some appear while you’re trying to update your PC
- Some appear after you finish updating your PC
Whichever ones you are currently facing, know that one tool can easily handle them all, and it is called Tweaking Windows Repair.
Not only does it specifically say that it can handle Windows Update errors, it can also help with optimizing the process as well, allowing you a better experience updating your OS.
While the UI may seem dated, rest assured that the program is completely optimized for Windows 10, allowing you to enjoy a flawless Windows 10 experience at all times, before, during, and after updates.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
This tool is the default troubleshooter on Windows 10. You have the ability to open this tool from the search bar by just writing troubleshoot in the search area.
From the troubleshooting window, all you have to do is select Fix Problems with Windows Update, and this handy tool will simply and automatically resolve the update issue.
Here are the best parts of using this small but useful tool:
- If you’re experiencing troubles with Windows Update, all you have to do is make sure that you’re connected to the Internet and then download the Windows Update Troubleshooter for your version of Windows that’s running on your computer
- To use this tool on Windows 10, simply head over to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot and select the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- After the troubleshooter did its magic, you have to try running the Windows Update again and install all available updates
We can only assume that things are better now.
Deployment Image Servicing and Management
Deployment Image Servicing and Management aka DISM is a command-line tool that is used to mount and service Windows images before deployment.
This handy tool will help you in fixing Windows Update troubleshooter and files that got corrupted during the installation process.
Check out the most useful features that are included in this small tool:
- You will be able to use DISM image management commands to mount and get data about the Windows image files or virtual hard disks
- You can also use this tool to capture, split, and manage Windows image (.wim) files
- DISM can install, uninstall, configure, and update Windows features, packages, drivers, and also international settings in a .wim file or VHD (virtual hard disks) via the DSIM servicing commands
- The DSIM commands are used on offline images, but the subsets of the DSIM commands are also available to service a running operating system as well
- DSIM is installed with Windows, and it’s distributed in the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit
DSIM replaces various deployment tools, and these include PEimg, ImageX, Intlcfg, and Package Manager.
These are some of the best and quickest ways that you can use to get rid of the annoying problems related to Windows updates.
These solutions that we’ve described above will definitely help you to troubleshoot Windows update issues easily and quickly.
They are straightforward to use even for users who have never tried them before and who are not too experienced in troubleshooting Windows problems.