A number of users have reported seeing the error code 0x80072f7d when trying to access the Microsoft Store on their Windows 10 PC.
This error message may be caused by system files that were damaged in the process of installing other applications, an incomplete installation or deletion processes, or just by an improper shutdown of your PC.
In this article, we will explore the best troubleshooting methods for this issue.
How to fix Microsoft Store error code 0x80072f7d?
1. Use the Internet Connection Troubleshooter
- Right-click on the Internet connection icon on the taskbar -> select Troubleshoot Problems.
- Wait for the process of checking your connection to finish, and then choose the appropriate options from the troubleshooter.
- Try to see if this has solved your issue.
2. Reset your Microsoft Store
- Press Win + R keys on your keyboard to launch the Run window.
- Inside the Run window -> type wsreset.exe -> press Enter.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then restart your computer.
- Try opening the Microsoft Store again.
- If the issue persists, please follow the next method.
3. Change your PCs Internet Settings
- Press Win + I keys on your keyboard to launch Windows Settings.
- Select the Network & Internet option.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center option at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab -> Under Settings section -> check the box next to Use TLS 1.2 option -> click Ok.
- Restart your computer and check to see if the issue persists. If it does, please follow the next method.
4. Clear Cookies and Cache from Microsoft Edge
- Open up Microsoft Edge -> select the three dots located at the top right side of your screen -> choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Choose what to clear button.
- Tick the boxes next to Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, and also Cached data and files -> click on Clear button.
- Close the browser and restart your PC.
- Check to see if the issue persists. If it does, follow the next method.
5. Reinstall the Windows Store application
- Press Win + X keys on your keyboard -> select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down and find the Microsoft Store application -> select it -> click Advanced Options.
- Inside the Advanced Options menu, scroll down -> click on the Reset button.
- This will start the process of uninstalling and reinstalling your Windows Store application.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then check to see if the issue is resolved.
In this article, we explored some of the best troubleshooting methods for the error 0x80072f7d, relating to the Microsoft Store application on Windows 10. Please make sure to follow these steps carefully, in order to avoid creating any other issues.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solved your issue, by using the comment section below.