Fix: FIFA 17 stops working on PC
Fifa 17 is an improvement compared to its predecessor in many ways. With better established AI and an upgraded Story Mode, we have more realistic and immersive soccer simulation. Additionally, you can test your skills against friends and other players worldwide with the Ultimate Team feature.
However, optimization issues seem to have a large impact on PC players. The game suffers from the same problems as earlier versions. The special emphasis goes to older PC configurations. One of the most frequent issues is the game crashing. On some occasions, the game crashes while playing offline/online. On other occasions, Fifa 17 can’t even start.
So, if this problem bothers you, as well. We’ve prepared some of the most common solutions for this issue.
How to fix Fifa 17 crash on PC
Run in Compatibility mode for Windows 7 SP 1
Fifa 17, as stated by developers, will work only on Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and later Windows versions with the 64-bit architecture. So, make sure you have the required system installed. In addition, if you are running the game on Windows 8 or 10, you may want to change the compatibility mode to Windows 7 SP1. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Open Fifa 17 installation folder.
- Find Fifa17.exe and right-click to open Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab, check ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for‘ box.
- Select Windows 7 SP 1.
- Check Run this program as an administrator box.
- Save and try running the game.
Try out windowed mode
On older PC configurations, Fifa 17 can crash because of a resolution bug in the full-screen mode. If you are not annoyed with the windowed mode, set it up. The first step is ALT + ENTER combination. This should change your game from the full-screen to the windowed mode. Nonetheless, on some occasions, this won’t work. You can force the game to start in windowed mode by following these steps:
- Go to Fifa 17 desktop shortcut.
- Right-click the Fifa17.exe and open Properties.
- Select Shortcut tab.
- In the Target, you will see the destination to Fifa17.exe
- After quotation mark, press space and write -window.
- Save your settings and start the game.
Update GPU drivers
All modern games are highly dependable on GPU drivers. That is the case with Fifa 17, too. It doesn’t matter how powerful graphic card you own if the drivers are not up to date. So, be sure to check out your drivers and update them accordingly. If you are using older GPUs with Legacy drivers, be sure to check if Fifa 17 is on the list of playable games. In addition, your card must support DirectX 11 in order for the game to work.
In order to prevent PC damage by installing the wrong driver versions, we suggest to do it automatically by using Tweakbit’s Driver Updater tool.
Disclaimer: some features of this tool are not free.
Install latest DirectX, CC+, and NET Framework
Besides the GPU drivers, you probably want to check DirectX, Visual C++ redistributables, and NET framework. All of them are valid reasons for some Fifa 17 crashes, so make sure you have them installed. You can download all the apps here:
Use Origins client to fix corrupted files
- Go to your Origin client.
- Find Fifa 17.
- Right-click on the game and select Repair Game.
- The tool will scan and fix corrupted game files.
- The process shouldn’t take long and your saved games are safe, so don’t worry.
Install Dual Core software solution
Since the game is primarily designed for four or more cores, many players encountered problems while trying to play with dual-core processors. This is one of those optimization issues that invokes newer hardware acquisitions for players. However, there is an application that can save you money. Dual Core is a software solution that can help you optimize your CPU and let you play latest games. You can download it here. To install it, follow these steps:
- Right click and run Extreme Injector v3.exe as Administrator.
- Click on the Add Dll button on the left.
- Add the two dlls dualcore.dll and EasyHook64.dll (both should be automatically ticked/enabled after you have added them).
- Run Fifa17 as normal, keep the Injector open, click on the Select button, and click on the “Fifa17.exe” process within the process list window.
- Click inject.
Reinstall the game
The last option for you, if the game keeps being unresponsive or crashes often, is reinstallation. Be sure to use some kind of an advanced registry cleaner, like CCleaner, after the uninstall process is done. If you have a hard copy of the game, insert it in your PC and start the process.
On the other hand, if you are installing from the Origin, the game needs to be downloaded and installed from the client. Have in mind that process can be lengthy, depending on your download speed.
The Bottom Line
Your best bet for well-performing Fifa 17 without bugs, crashes and other issues, is meeting the recommended system requirements. In most of the crash reported cases, the game functions with unreliable configurations. So, before you check our steps, check your configuration and software (x64 bit system and Win 7 SP 1 or later).
What are your opinions on the optimization subject? Are the games getting too demanding these days? Please tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Conan Exiles: How to set up your own private server
- Here’s how to ride your Chocobo faster in Final Fantasy XV
- Fix: FIFA 17 won’t connect to EA servers
- Fix: Hearthstone daily quests don’t appear
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]
The Redmond giant has recently announced the Variable Rate Shading feature for DirectX 12. This new feature helps developers to increase graphics quality, enhance performance and […]