Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA are the most known soccer simulation games on Windows 10.
FIFA 16 Problems On Windows 10
1. Fix – FIFA 16 crash
Solution 1 – Delete buttonDataSetup.ini file
Users report FIFA 16 crashes can be caused by a buttonDataSetup.ini file, and many users report solving crashing issues simply by removing that file.
This file is located in your Documents folder, or in DocumentsFIFA 16 directory to be precise.
To remove this file, just navigate to DocumentsFIFA 16, locate buttonDataSetup.ini and delete it. After you’ve done that, try starting the game again.
Solution 2 – Disable your internet connection
In some cases, FIFA 16 crashes can be caused by your internet connection, so it’s advised that you disable it while starting FIFA 16.
After the game starts, you can minimize it and enable your internet connection again.
Solution 3 – Unplug all USB controllers
If FIFA 16 crashes while starting, you can try disconnecting all USB controllers. After you’ve disconnected all USB controllers, start the game and reconnect them.
Solution 4 – Disable unnecessary applications
Certain application, such as FRAPS, can cause FIFA 16 to crash. If you’re using FRAPS, we highly advise you to disable it before trying to run FIFA 16.
Solution 5 – Disable G-Sync
If you have Nvidia graphic card you should know that G-Sync can sometimes cause crashes with FIFA 16.
Users have reported crashing issues on new PCs with updated drivers, and it seems that the only solution is to disable G-Sync. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Nvidia Control Panel.
- Under the Display section on the left, click Set up G-Sync.
- You should see Enable G-Sync checkbox. Uncheck it and save changes.
Game Fire is a game booster that will get rid of freezes, lags, low FPS and other issues while playing. Download it now (free) to enhance your gaming experience.
Solution 6 – Delete Button Data folder
Few users have reported that they have managed to fix FIFA 16 crashing issues by removing ButtonData folder. To remove this folder, follow these steps:
- Go to FIFA 16 installation directory. By default it should be C:Program Files (x86)Origin GamesFIFA 16.
- Locate ButtonData folder and delete it.
Solution 7 – Make sure Windows Media Player is installed
Users report crashes at the language page, and if you’re having this problem, you can fix it by activating Windows Media Player. It seems that game’s intro requires Windows Media Player, and if Media Player isn’t activated the crash occurs.
To activate Windows Media Player, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and type features. Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
- Windows Features window will appear. Scroll down to Media Features section and make sure to check Windows Media Player. You might have to wait a bit for Windows Media Player to download and install.
- Click OK to save changes.
Solution 8 – Delete your Game Face
It has been reported that FIFA 16 freezes and crashes while loading a saved career. If you’re having this issue, just delete your Game Face and crashing issues should be resolved.
Solution 9 – Change your PC name and/or user name
FIFA 16 supports only ASCII characters, and if your PC name or user name has at least one special character, it might cause FIFA 16 to crash.
To fix this issue, make sure to alter your username or PC name so it doesn’t contain any special characters. To change the computer name, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and type system. Choose System from the list of results.
- When System window opens, click on Change settings option.
- Go to Computer Name tab and click the Change button.
- In Computer name section enter a new name for your computer. Remember not to use any special characters.
- Click OK to save changes and restart your computer.
To change your username, just do the following:
- Open Settings app and go to Accounts.
- Click change my Microsoft account.
- Click Edit name and type a new user name.
Previous steps work only if you’re using Microsoft account, but if you’re using local account, you’ll just have to create a new local account that doesn’t have any any special characters in its name.
Solution 10 – Run the game in compatibility mode
If FIFA 16 is crashing on your Windows 10 computer, you might want to try running it in compatibility mode. To do that, follow these steps:
- Locate FIFA 16 shortcut or .exe file and right click it. Choose Properties from the menu.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for. Select Windows 7 or any other older version of Windows.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Solution 11 – Move your FIFA 16 folder to Desktop
In some cases, FIFA 16 folder can get corrupted and cause the game to crash while launching. In you are having this issue, you should go to Documents folder, locate FIFA 16 directory and move it to your Desktop.
After you start the game, FIFA 16 directory will be recreated and repaired.
Solution 12 – Make sure that your drivers are up to date
If you’re having FIFA 16 crashes on your computer, make sure that you update your display drivers.
Just visit the website of your graphic card manufacturer, locate your graphic card and download the latest drivers for it.
After you’ve installed the latest drivers, restart your computer and try running FIFA 16 again.
All your drivers need to be updated, but doing it manually is very annoying, so we recommend you to download this driver updater tool (100% safe and tested by us) to do it automatically.