- Avira is a popular antivirus solution as it has a low impact on systems and offers adequate protection.
- Many Avira users have been reporting the error 500 message appearing on their systems.
- To learn how to fix various antivirus-related errors, we recommend our ever-expanding Antivirus Troubleshooting Page.
- Tired of antivirus solutions that don't work? Find the best AV for you on our comprehensive Antivirus Section.
What to do when antivirus error 500 pops up
- Select the Modify Option to Add Components
- Replace Avira with a more reliable antivirus
- Scan the Registry With CCleaner
- Reinstall Avira Antivirus
- Check for Conflicting Software
- Roll Back Windows With System Restore
Avira Antivirus is a highly rated utility for Windows. However, some users have stated that Error: 500 error messages pop up within their Avira Antivirus software as shown in the snapshot directly below. Those error messages can vary slightly, but they all include a 500 code. These are a few resolutions that might fix Avira Antivirus Error: 500 error messages.
How do I fix Avira Antivirus error 500 on Windows 10?
1. Select the Modify Option to Add Components
- Open the Cortana app by pressing its Type here to search taskbar button.
- Enter ‘apps’ in the search box, and select to open Apps & features.
- Then scroll down to your Avira Antivirus software listed on the Settings window.
- Press the Modify button for Avira Antivirus. The setup maintenance window will then open.
- Select the Modify option, and then click the Next button.
- Select all the component checkboxes for Avira Antivirus.
- Press the Next button, and then restart Windows.
Numerous Avira Antivirus users have confirmed they’ve fixed Error: 500 with Avira setup maintenance. That enables you to configure the installation of Avira Antivirus. You can open the software’s setup maintenance by selecting the Modify option as shown above.
BullGuard offers complete protection for your system as well as many other features usually found in separate software. This will keep the clutter down on your system, leading to fewer issues like the Avira error 500.
Moreover, by using the PC Tune Up built into BullGuard, you can scan and fix issues on your system without having to use a separate software solution, as you would with most other antivirus programs.
BullGuard has been extensively tested and is known to work perfectly on Windows 10 systems. We’ve carried out our own tests, which you can see in our full review of BullGuard.
Here are a few of the features BullGuard offers its customers:
- Antivirus, Anti-phishing, anti-malware, anti-ransomware
- Vulnerability Scanner
- Game Booster
- Cloud Backup
- PC Tune Up
- Network Monitor
To ensure maximum satisfaction, you can try BullGuard risk-free for 15 days with full functionality.
BullGuardEnjoy unbeatable antivirus protection with BullGuard! Save up to 60% off and forget all about distracting Avira issues!
3. Scan the Registry With CCleaner
- Open CCleaner and click Registry on the left of its window.
- Select all the registry checkboxes.
- Then click the Scan for Issues button.
- Press the Fix Selected Issues button to repair the registry.
- A dialog box will open asking to back up the registry. A backup will probably not be needed, but you can click Yes to back up the registry as a precaution.
- Then click Fix All Selected Issues on the window shown below.
Avira Antivirus Error: 500 messages can often be due to invalid or corrupted registry entries. So a reliable registry cleaner utility might come in handy for fixing Avira Antivirus. CCleaner is a registry cleaner with an expansive user base that you can repair registry keys with.
Ensure you are downloading the latest version of CCleaner as this way you will be seeing the best results.
4. Reinstall Avira Antivirus
- Launch Run by pressing the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in Run’s Open text box, and press the OK button.
- Select Avira Antivirus to press its Uninstall button.
- Click Yes to give the go-ahead to remove the software.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling Avira Antivirus.
- Then reinstall the latest Avira Antivirus. Make sure you download the latest version of Avira so there are no compatibility issues or installation errors.
Reinstalling Avira Antivirus will replace its registry entries and files. Furthermore, reinstalling the utility will also ensure that you have the most update Avira software. So that’s a resolution which might also fix Avira Antivirus Error: 500 issues.
5. Check for Conflicting Software
- Right-click the Windows taskbar to open a menu that includes Task Manager. Select Task Manager to open that utility.
- Click the Start-up to open the tab shown below.
- Remove third-party programs from the startup by selecting them and clicking their Disable buttons.
- Restart Windows after removing software from the system startup. Then open your Avira Antivirus window to see if the Error: 500 error message still pops up.
Conflicting software can also be another factor behind Error: 500. For example, some users have found that disabling CryptoPrevent fixes their Avira software. So it’s worth checking for conflicting software by removing third-party programs from the Windows startup as shown above.
6. Roll Back Windows With System Restore
- Open System Restore by entering rstrui in Run’s Open text box.
- Select the Choose a different restore point option, and press the Next button.
- To expand the list of restore points, select the Show more restore points checkbox.
- Choose a restore point that will roll Windows back to a time when Error: 500 error messages weren’t popping up within your Avira Antivirus software.
- Click Next and select Finish to restore Windows to the selected restore point.
The System Restore utility might also come in handy for fixing Error: 500. For starters, that will remove recently installed software that might be conflicting with Avira Antivirus. This is how you can roll Windows back to a previous date.
Those resolutions can fix numerous Error: 500 error messages for Avira Antivirus. In addition, erasing temporary files and updating system drivers might also help fix Error: 500.