How to fix Battle.net installation and patch issues
The Battle.net desktop app is a very useful tool for gamers, allowing them to install and patch Blizzard games faster. Thanks to this app, all your games are in one place, you only need to log in once, and all game updates are downloaded automatically.
The Battle.net desktop app relies on a process called Agent to install and patch Blizzard games. In case Agent can’t download data or install game files, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below to fix this problem.
Fix Battle.net install and patching bugs
- Restart your computer. This simple action allows you to close the Agent process and lets the desktop app update it.
- Use a wired connection. Wired connections are more stable than wireless connections. When using wireless connections, the dropped data packets can slow down the install or update process and even cause various errors.
- Disable or temporarily remove your security software. Sometimes, your antivirus may prevent you from downloading new files.
- Make sure you’ve installed the latest updates available for your operating system.
- Make sure the Windows Secondary Logon service is enabled for Agent to run.
- Run a full system scan to detect potential malware infections. Malicious programs may interfere with the Battle.net Agent.
- Disable specific add-ons for particular games. For example, World of Warcraft addon managers can prevent Agent from updating game files. Disable the addons, restart your computer, and try again.
- Agent files may be corrupted from a previous installation attempt. For this reason, delete the Battle.net Tools folder and open the Battle.net desktop app again to download a new Agent version.
- Temporarily disable your proxy settings.
- Make sure both your internet browser and Adobe Flash Player are up to date. Running outdated versions of these tools can prevent Battle.net Agent’s from connecting.
- Manually update the Battle.net Agent.
- If the steps listed above didn’t help you, uninstall and reinstall the game.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows Store Games Won’t Download in Windows 10
- Latest Forza Horizon 3 update causes FPS drops, game crashes, and more
- Here’s how to fix frequent Final Fantasy XV bugs
Blu-ray is, without doubt, the most powerful video content hub today, which is a marked improvement to the preceding DVD medium. However, its convenience of […]
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations usually contain important, sometimes classified, documents. Hence, most people tend to password-protect such documents against unauthorized access. However, what happens if you […]
The reception desk is the face and voice of any organization. An automated receptionist software simplifies the entire process of visitor management. Whether it’s the customer, […]