How to: Configure Microsoft Edge proxy settings
Many people use proxy in order to protect their privacy online, and just like many other web browsers on Windows 10, Microsoft Edge also offers support for proxy. Configuring proxy settings in Microsoft Edge is relatively simple, and today we’re going to show you how to do it.
How to configure Microsoft Edge proxy settings in Windows 10?
Proxy is another remote computer that works as a hub and intercepts your network traffic before sending it to you. There are many uses for proxy, but in most cases, people use it to get an extra layer of security. When using proxy, your IP address won’t be shown, instead, you’ll connect to the Internet using proxy’s IP address.
Proxy is a decent solution if you’re concerned about your privacy, but you should know that there are both free and paid proxy services available. According to users, paid proxy services are usually more secure and reliable, so choose carefully while selecting your proxy.
Configuring proxy in Microsoft Edge is quite simple, and you can manually configure it, or you can simply speed this process up and use an automatic configuration file that will configure proxy for you.
How to – Change Microsoft Edge proxy settings
Changing proxy settings in Microsoft Edge is quite simple, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click the Menu button in the top right corner and select Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Advanced settings section and click View advanced settings button.
- Click the Open proxy settings button.
- Go to the Manual proxy setup section and turn on Use a proxy server option.
- Enter the necessary information and click the Save button.
- After that you’ll be asked to enter your Proxy username and password.
After performing all the steps above your proxy will be configured and ready to use.
A proxy only secures your torrent client or web browser, while VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypted tunneling secures 100% of all your internet access. Get now CyberGhost VPN (77% flash sale), a leader on the VPN market.
If you don’t want to manually configure your proxy, you can simply use the automatic configuration option. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings app.
- Go to Network & Internet section and navigate to Proxy tab.
- Turn on Automatically detect settings and Use setup script options.
- Enter script address URL and click the Save button.
Another way to change proxy settings in Windows 10 is to use Internet Options. To do that, do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter internet options. Select Internet Options from the menu.
- Go to Connections tab and click on LAN settings button.
- LAN Settings window will open. You can now set up proxy server manually or choose the option to automatically detect settings and use automatic configuration script.
- After you configure your proxy, click the OK button to save changes.
Keep in mind that these changes are applied system-wide, so even if you set up a proxy, it won’t just affect Edge, it will affect all other applications that support proxy. If you want to use proxy just with your web browser, we suggest that you use third-party browsers such as Chrome or Firefox.
If you’re concerned about your privacy online, proxy can be a decent solution. Setting up proxy for Microsoft Edge is relatively simple, and we hope that this article was helpful to you.
- Fix: Microsoft Edge Certificate error navigation blocked
- 10 best VPN tools for Windows 10
- Fix: Can’t access TCP/IPv4 properties on a PPTP VPN connection on Windows 10
- Fix: “Hmm, we can’t reach this page” error in Microsoft Edge
- Fix: Microsoft Edge closes immediately after opening on Windows 10
Security issues and shared data were always problems that affected Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge users. Many of them expressed their concerns over the years […]
Many users reported Your computer may be sending automated queries while using Google. This issue can be annoying since it will force you to fill […]