So basically if you are at work, holiday or at home using the sleep mode feature in Windows 8.1 can be very useful .Using this feature will allow you to save a significant percentage of power therefore you can leave it on when you leave the Windows 8.1 PC or laptop and just disable the sleep mode feature when you come back. You will see that all your apps you had opened are still there and you did not lost anything.
You will get this issue with sleep mode not working in most of the cases after you upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Before you go and reinstall your Windows 8.1 operating system let’s do the tutorial below and see how easy it is to bring back to life our sleep mode feature.
Fix: sleep mode issues in Windows 8.1
- Now after you opened the Windows 8.1 PC or laptop we need to press and hold the buttons “Windows” and the button “W”.
A window should pop up, we need to write in the search box there “troubleshooting”
- Click(left click) on the icon “Troubleshooting” that appeared after the search.
- In the “Troubleshooting” window you opened look on the left side of the window for “View all” and after that click (left click) on it.
- After you clicked (left click) on “View all” a list should be presented to you, you need to look in that list for “Power” icon and click (left click) on it.
- After clicking on “Power” it will automatically launch the troubleshooting feature for power in Windows 8.1.
- In the “Power” troubleshooting window you need to click (left click) on “Next”.
- After you click on “Next” the Windows 8.1 system will start the automatic fixing of any errors that might occur with you power options.
- When the troubleshooting loading screen is completed you only need to click (left click) on “Close”.
- Restart the Windows 8.1 PC or Laptop and try you sleep feature now to see if it works.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Above you can see how easily and in no time at all you can fix your sleep issues in Windows 8.1 and also for any thoughts write us below and I will see what I can do to improve this article.