- Windows 11 error 0x80072ee7 can be caused by several issues like antivirus, other programs, or corrupted files.
- System errors are not dangerous but can prevent you from updating your applications or OS.
- You can use third-party tools that fix computer issues automatically.
Some Windows 11 updates can cause issues and bigger versions, leading to performance errors. For example, if you don’t fix update error 0x80072ee7, it can make your machine run abnormally.
It is triggered in different situations, and fixing it depends on the reasons behind the hitch. Occasionally, users have reported that the problem occurs when installing some Windows updates.
Security notifications and system errors do not appear randomly while browsing. If that happens, there is a likelihood that your computer has unwanted programs or malware.
The reasons behind the 0x80072ee7 Windows 11 error vary from antivirus issues to other software interfering with Windows Update.
How do Windows Update errors occur?
If the error code 0x80072ee7 shows up while browsing, that’s a scam. Malicious attackers may use social engineering and scare tactics to target you.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
In such a case, you need to run an anti-malware tool to clean up your system and reduce security threats.
However, there are situations where you need to run in-depth fixes to repair the error completely. The severe error comes in the form of the following versions:
- Windows update error 0x80072ee7. This is caused by issues and inappropriate services for Windows updates.
- Windows 11 upgrade error 0x80072ee7. It appears with Windows Operating Systems’ latest version. It is caused by an AV tool that interferes with other programs.
- Windows Store error 0x80072ee7. This problem comes out when you are trying to open Windows Store. Corrupted apps and files mainly cause it. This can be repaired easily.
As we discussed earlier, system errors can happen for various reasons. Fortunately, the fixes described in this article will help you resolve the problem easily.
How can I fix the error code 0x80072ee7 in Windows 11?
- How do Windows Update errors occur?
- How can I fix the error code 0x80072ee7 in Windows 11?
- 1. Run general troubleshooting steps.
- 2. Use a specialized repair tool
- 3. Run an SFC scan
- 4. Remove the problematic applications
- 5. Change the DNS server address
- 6. Ensure Windows Update service is working
- 7. Check for the latest update
- Should I get worried about Windows Update errors?
1. Run general troubleshooting steps.
- Reboot your computer, and try the update again.
- Remove all the peripherals and reconnect them.
- Disconnect your internet once the download is complete and continue with the update.
2. Use a specialized repair tool
3. Run an SFC scan
- Type cmd in the search box and press Enter.
- Select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow and press Enter.
- Give your PC time to scan and repair all the corrupted files and programs.
4. Remove the problematic applications
- Right-click on the Start button and select Apps and Features.
- Scroll down to locate the app you want to uninstall.
- Select the app, click on the three-dotted menu and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC and reinstall the application.
5. Change the DNS server address
- Type Control Panel in the search box and press Enter.
- On the Control Panel window, select Network and Internet.
- Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Choose Change adapter settings and then right-click on the name of your connected internet icon.
- Click on Properties and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on the Properties and choose the General tab.
- Select Obtain DNS server address automatically and hit OK.
- If Obtain DNS server address automatically is ticked, click on Use the following DNS server address instead and hit OK.
- Enter the following addresses and click OK. Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199. Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52.
- Save the changes and restart your computer.
6. Ensure Windows Update service is working
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run box.
- Type services.msc and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Windows Update and select Properties.
- Click on the General tab change the Startup type to Manual.
- Select Apply and OK to save the changes.
7. Check for the latest update
- Type Settings on the Search box and press Enter.
- Navigate to Updates.
- Check for updates on the right side of the window.
- Install or schedule for your preferred time.
- Give your PC time to download and install the updates and then reboot it.
Should I get worried about Windows Update errors?
System update issues cannot harm your PC, but they prevent you from installing new updates. This may lead to security threats in the long run.
The only way for Microsoft to patch these errors is by updating your system. Ensure your apps and OS are up to date to be on the safer side.
Most importantly, updating your applications gives you access to new features. If you fail to update, you won’t enjoy what others get.
If you encounter the message We cannot install required files, it means your installation media is corrupted, and you need to repair it.
In many instances, users have reported the error message – There were some problems installing updates. You can use the guide in this article to repair this issue.
You might also want to fix update error 0x80072efd in Windows 11 if it appears when updating your applications.
We would like to hear your feedback. Which solution worked for you to solve the 0x80072ee7 Windows 11 error code?? Free free to leave us a message in the comment section.