- A Windows 10 boot repair tool for your disk will solve any startup problems.
- Take a closer look at our selection of premium Windows boot repair tools below.
- We've also included some free software if you don't play to spend any money.
- Note that some of these programs have other useful features which will benefit your PC.
Windows 10/11 boot repair tools can be lifesavers for PC users that have had the bad luck of encountering issues with their systems. There’s nothing worse than your computer refusing to boot.
You can’t access your files or send critical emails since all your files and folders are locked. But there are cheap ways to fix that without employing a PC expert’s expensive services.
Booting issues with Windows are more common than you think. They can be caused by anything, from a single corrupt byte on your hard drive to a buggy boot driver or a missing registry key.
It happens because the MBR (Master Boot Record) is not infallible. It can become corrupt, or it can simply disappear from your system. This results in Windows 10/11 runtime errors.
Many of you might wonder if there are any built-in tools you can use to repair the Windows startup or resurrect a PC that won’t boot. There are, and the Command Prompt is one of them.
What is a boot repair tool?
A boot repair tool or software is a simple program that specifically focuses on boot problems and fixes them in just a couple of clicks. Usually, these tools come in a light installer package and they have a very easy-to-use interface.
Here are some of the best on the market that we’ve found:
- Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius – Easy to use with no tech expertise
- Minitool Partition Wizard – Complete set of partition manager features
- Paragon Hard Disk Manager – Robust boot correction wizard
- Iolo System Mechanic Pro – Complete PC health provider
- AOMEI Partition Assistant – The all-round partition help
- Ultimate Boot CD – Lightweight boot repair tool
- Hiren Boot CD – Free repair option
All of them are pretty simple to use, have multiple features that are useful and can improve PC health and some are free or have free trials.
What is the best boot repair tool for Windows 10?
- What is a boot repair tool?
- What is the best boot repair tool for Windows 10?
- Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius - Easy to use with no tech expertise
- Minitool Partition Wizard - Complete set of partition manager features
- Paragon Hard Disk Manager - Robust boot correction wizard
- Iolo System Mechanic Pro - Complete PC health provider
- AOMEI Partition Assistant - The all-round partition help
- Ultimate Boot CD - Lightweight boot repair tool
- Hiren Boot CD - Free repair option
- Does Windows 10 have a repair tool?
- How do you repair Windows 10 if it does not boot?
- How do I run Startup Repair from the Command Prompt?
- How do I fix Windows 10/11 without boot repair tools?
Tenorshare Windows Boot Genius – Easy to use with no tech expertise
Windows Boot Genius is a professional Windows boot repair tool that can fix computer booting issues, repair crashed or corrupted Windows, recover lost data, and restore broken partitions.
Also, thanks to this tool, you don’t have to worry about BSOD or black screen issues while trying to start your computer. Instead, you can gain access to your system after fixing it with a boot CD, DVD, or USB disk.
Additionally, Windows Boot Genius allows you to create a bootable CD or USB using a .iso file, and an extensive range of related fixes, like boot file repair, sector repair, registry repair, and a helpful registry editor.
Ensuring that your system can be reverted to its original state, this software also allows you to reset Windows local and domain passwords easily and back up or restore all system elements, including hard disk setups and partitions.
To get started, just put the bootable CD in your CD/DVD drive, plug the USB drive into your PC, and restart your computer to begin the system recovery process.
To create a bootable CD/DVD or USB drive, run the Windows 10 boot repair software tool, insert the preferred media into your PC, then click Burn.
After the setup is done, keep the rescue device connected to the PC before restarting. Then, you should spot the Windows Boot Genius icon when accessing the WinPE environment.
Clicking the icon sends the corrupt PC to Windows Rescue mode. Here, you can recover boot files in Boot File Recovery mode or locate a master boot code in MBR Recovery mode.
Lastly, we must note that Windows Boot Genius requires no kind of expertise, so you can safely use it to create an emergency disk and fix your Windows 10 operating system when it fails to boot.
Some other useful features:
- Recover lost, deleted, or formatted data
- Recover Microsoft product keys for Windows 10, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Wipe data to make it unrecoverable
- Optimized UI for easy use
Tenorshare Windows Boot GeniusDo Windows fail to boot? Unleash the genius in Windows Boot Genius and fix your PC for good!
Minitool Partition Wizard – Complete set of partition manager features
MiniTool Partition Wizard is a great partition manager that you can download and use for personal and business purposes. The application is packed with an easy-to-use interface and has a wizard that helps you complete all partition-related tasks in just a few steps.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is an all-in-one utility with full partition control to create, format, delete, copy partitions and organize your hard drive to ensure storage media capacity and performance.
With Minitool, you have access to a space analyzer to check which files are taking up too much space on your disk so you know exactly how to clean your partition
It’s an incredibly intuitive Windows application that comes bundled with easy wizards to help you swiftly carry out various operations related to disks, partitions, and volumes.
In addition, you can use several customization features to set partitions as active or inactive, show labels, change drive letters, change partition type IDs, change serial numbers, etc.
The tool also offers a solution for users concerned about storing sensitive data. With MiniTool, you can show or hide partitions with just a few clicks, ensuring that no one can access your information without your knowledge.
The key features of MiniTool Partition Wizard include:
- Copy system and non-system disk
- Migrates OS to SSD/HDD
- Disk cleanup
- Disk benchmark
- Convert FAT to NTFS
The software’s Partition Recovery Wizard works like a charm and enables users to recover all partitions. MiniTool Partition Wizard also supports all hard disks such as IDE, SCSI, and external USB disks.
Minitool Partition WizardAll the necessary tools to completely take control over your disk partitions and drives.
Paragon Hard Disk Manager – Robust boot correction wizard
Part of Paragon Hard Disk Manager, Paragon Rescue Kit is a Windows 10 boot repair software solution with excellent compatibility and usability features.
It works with older Windows versions, too, including Windows XP. This program boasts a wide range of features, works fast and safely, and has a user-friendly interface.
Also, this software allows you to repair drive letters in the System Registry of a selected Windows installation, fixes boot.ini issues, restores BCD files from partitions, fixes booting records, and also enables you to change serial numbers or partition IDs.
Additionally, you can easily repair the MBR executable code, reorder primary partitions to fit your needs, and allow you to create, display, and save a boot correction report, which can be very useful if performing any back-end troubleshooting on your system.
Furthermore, all these elements are contained in an easy-to-understand interface that enables quick access to any of these options and provides efficiency. Additionally, the software automatically creates a log for each change performed to ensure no information is lost after performing any action.
To ensure the security of your system even further, the Paragon Hard Disk Manager enables you to create back-ups for your system’s sectors efficiently and allows you to recover them with just a few clicks of your mouse.
The recovery feature can also be optimized further to take effect on an entire disk, on separate partitions, and even when it comes down to specific files.
Like all the other Windows 10 boot repair software solutions presented in this article, Paragon’s tool can create a system recovery environment using a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
Finally, its Boot Correction Wizard is among the most powerful features on the market.
Some other useful features:
- Robust Recovery Media Builder
- Easy sector backup to save on-disk information
- Backup to local or externally mounted storage
- Backup to network shares and virtual disks (VHD, pVHD, VMDK, VHDX)
- File Transfer Wizard
- Undelete Partition Wizard
- Network Configurator Wizard
Paragon Hard Disk ManagerSalvage your PC and enjoy extra perks, including free back-up with the best boot repair tool!
Iolo System Mechanic Pro – Complete PC health provider
This software from Iolo, System Mechanic Pro, is an overall health PC provider for many operations.
This solution has your name if you want to achieve high computer safeguarding through AI protection. And about booting issues, it detects and fixes all the system problems automatically.
So, this tool can deliver various services that help any PC to function properly. Thus, it increases CPU and RAM availability speed, removes bloatware, or eliminates confidential browsing activity.
Decluttering your system while detecting and removing malware threats using AI Technology, the System Mechanic Pro offers a complete set of recovery tools for your system.
Additionally, it can repair a whopping number of 30.000 issues by replacing the damaged files with the correct ones stored in the IOLO Labs database.
Furthermore, regarding System Mechanic’s functions, it’s good to inform you about services like advanced cleaning of risky files, removal of bloatware at startup, or optimizing the internet speed.
Finally, this strong software will perfectly support your system in combating operational issues in no time.
Some other useful features:
- Removes slowing down bloatware from the system
- Protection of data security and privacy
- Cleans up more than 5 types of junk files
- Accelerate boot time considerably
Iolo System Mechanic ProResolve boot problems by repairing your PC with this complete system health-providing software.
AOMEI Partition Assistant – The all-round partition help
AOMEI Partition Assistant is an extremely practical tool that resolves any partition requests.
This solution is a fit for anyone who needs to make hard drive or partition changes, free up the storage, or perform any other tasks related to disk partition management.
Additionally, the partition manager helps you be completely safe before making any major changes on a PC that may cause boot problems.
Thus with this free partition tool, you can manage everything, from changing partition labels, merging partitions, moving, cloning and others.
On the other hand, you can clone your disk, test the disk surface, or completely erase the hard drive. Also, it comes with different wizards to help computer beginners with clone disk wizards.
Some other useful features:
- Initializes disk surface test and checks partition
- Converts file system between FAT32 and NTFS
- Allocates free space
- Splits partitions
- Hides or unhides partitions
- Changes drive letter or disk labels
- Create, format or merge partitions
- Partially wipes disks or hard drive
- Disk copy wizard
AOMEI Partition AssistantTake control over hard drive impediments while protecting your PC with this partition assistant.
Ultimate Boot CD – Lightweight boot repair tool
Ultimate Boot CD is a lightweight Windows 10/11 boot repair tool that can help you troubleshoot and rescue your damaged PC.
Firstly, it creates a bootable ISO on a CD, DVD, or USB pen drive and offers some great diagnostic tools.
Also, because floppy drives are already a thing of the past, Ultimate Boot CD can run floppy-based diagnostics from CD-ROM or USB drives at a higher speed.
Wrapped in an interface similar to BIOS, the Windows 10/11 boot repair software utility works by creating a virtual instance of the floppy. It also has a script you can use to access its features from a removable drive.
Developed over 15 years, Ultimate Boot CD is a bootable collection of the best freeware tools for various rescue tasks.
Lastly, you can easily use it directly from your USB device without requiring installation.
Some other useful features:
- Clone or selectively copy from dying drives
- Check individual hardware components
- Update the BIOS to the latest version
- Determine what’s gone wrong with your hardware
- CPUID V2.19, ASTRA V6.50, G4u V2.6, and HDClone V.7 support
- Q&D Unit/Track/Head/Sector
- Q&D Vital Data Manager
Hiren Boot CD – Free repair option
Hiren’s Boot CD is a popular system rescue solution specially made for Windows computers. It has every required tool to make your computer operational again.
Also, this Windows 10/11 boot repair software tool is a pre-installation environment with bonus tools.
This way of dealing with your Windows 10/11 booting problems offers you a Windows-like visual platform that will run beside your damaged Windows installation.
Hiren’s Boot CD is made for modern workstations, which supports UEFI booting and requires a minimum of 2 Gb RAM. You can solve many PC issues with useful tools inside the BootCD ISO. Besides, it’s completely free to use.
Additionally, after the installation, Hiren’s BootCD pre-installation environment sets up the graphics card, sound, wireless, and Ethernet card drivers for your specific hardware configuration.
One of its most valuable features is the support for UEFI booting from DVD and USB flash drives. Hiren’s Boot CD has an ISO2USB portable tool specifically designed to accomplish that process more efficiently.
Lastly, it requires administrator privileges to run it, but it’s free for commercial and non-commercial use.
Let’s quickly look at its key features:
- BCD-MBR tools: – BootIce, EasyBCD
- HDD defrag – Defraggler v2.22
- HDD diagnostic – GSmart Control, HDDSCAN
- Hard Disk tools/ Data recovery
- HDD imaging – Acronis TrueImage, Macrium Reflect PE
- HDD security – HDD Low-Level Format Tool
- Antivirus – ESET Online Scanner
- System tools – Speccy v1.32, Ccleaner v5.4, Windows PowerShell
- Network – TeamViewer, Chrome, PENetwork
Does Windows 10 have a repair tool?
Yes, Windows 10 does come with a built-in repair tool that aids in troubleshooting common computer problems. But frequently, it can turn out to be insufficient.
Windows 10 has a useful feature called the Windows Startup Repair Tool. The Windows Startup Repair Utility can be used to resolve problems if Windows is not starting up correctly or if you have other issues that point to a system corruption.
How do you repair Windows 10 if it does not boot?
Don’t give up if Windows 10 won’t boot; many workarounds are available, and any of the following fixes would be a good call:
- Clear or reset the CMOS – Your device’s BIOS can be reset to help you progress with a computer that won’t boot. However, it is essential to remember that this strategy is more straightforward to use on a desktop than on a laptop.
- Boot from a USB – This is a workaround that gives you access to your computer and an opportunity to investigate and repair the damaged files.
- Repair corrupted system files – Once you gain access to your computer, probably by booting with a USB, you should run some script to repair damaged files.
Once you have tried any of these abovementioned solutions, you should be able to boot your Windows 10 PC.
How do I run Startup Repair from the Command Prompt?
- Press the power button to force your PC to shut down and repeat this operation a few times (until Windows automatically boots into the Recovery Environment).
- Then, select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options, and Command Prompt.
- Once the CMD windows open, there are several commands you can try:
sfc /scannow rstrui.exe systemreset -cleanpc BootRec
Some might require a bootable installation media, downloading a repair utility, etc. In contrast, others imply that previous measures should be implemented (such as creating a system restore point) to work.
As you can see, a fair amount of tweaking is involved, and the procedures can be laborious, risky, and time-consuming. Not no mention that these native tools are not infallible themselves.
How do I fix Windows 10/11 without boot repair tools?
Windows 10 has many recovery options, such as Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, and Startup Repair. You can even take action if the factory reset doesn’t work.
However, if these tools don’t fix the issue and you don’t want to reset your system, you have to turn to software specialized in Windows 10/11 boot repair, system rescue, and data recovery. Here are some of the cases a repair tool would help:
- Boot-Repair USB
- Boot-repair GRUB
For instance, if your problems are caused by malware, you can explore antivirus tools with a boot scan. But malware removal isn’t enough if critical system files or even the hard drive structure was damaged.
It’s time to look into solutions to fix your Windows 10 boot. In this article, we are exploring the best Windows 10 boot repair software for 2022.
This article suggested some of the best Windows 10/11 boot repair software solutions.
Even if you don’t currently have any issues with the boot sequence, downloading, installing, and using one of the programs on this list is still a good idea.
Note that you should only try PC repair tools that are safe to use to avoid introducing malware into your computer.
This way, you can prepare for the worst-case scenario and create an emergency disk to salvage your Windows operating system if disaster strikes.
Finally, let us know your opinion about our software picks and if you have other Windows 10/11 boot repair recommendations, and feel free to share them with us via the comments section below.